SASS Wire Forum

Vera's Little Sister

Subdeacon Joe

"I'm assuming that is integral porting on the end of the barrel?
This is a pretty darn neat looking revolver."
No photo description available.

Posted @withregram • @kc_eusebio Met a Japanese shooter who had won Steel Challenge in the revolver division in 1991. He came back and this is the same revolver he used. Such a unique looking wheel gun
Here’s the question, what would you name her and where is she from? Make me laugh. Happy Friday y’all. #2A 

Is that Marvin the Martian's Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator?

im seeing the steampunk interest - i also find it intriguing because i have no idea what mind might come up with this and ive always appreciated other points of view 

I’d bet that the holster is an “interesting” piece of work!!!

10 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

But the revolver has a kind of Buck Rodgers/Steampunk appeal to it.

I'm sitting here staring at it, trying to decide whether I am repulsed by it or if I want one.

"It is my most favorite gun"

Apparently the "Vera" Prop was originally built by the prop house to be used as an example of a homebuilt ghost firearm for some movie that never happened.  I'm just thinking that if I'm homebuilding a gun to skirt the law, Vera is way too complicated... piece of pipe and a nail is more my speed... apparently the gunsmiths that worked on it took about a month per copy (they made several)  I'm working from memory here, if you want exact details, it's on the firearm blog tv.

I finally went and looked up Vera. Having never seen Firefly or serenity or whatever the hell that show was I didn't know it.

I found this quote. Sounds like something a modern anti-gun politician would say.

Six men came to kill me one time. And the best of 'em carried this. It's a Callahan full-bore auto-lock. Customized trigger, double cartridge thorough gauge. It is my very favorite gun… This is the best gun made by man. It has extreme sentimental value… I call her Vera.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I finally went and looked up Vera. Having never seen Firefly or serenity or whatever the hell that show was I didn't know it.

I found this quote. Sounds like something a modern anti-gun politician would say.

Six men came to kill me one time. And the best of 'em carried this. It's a Callahan full-bore auto-lock. Customized trigger, double cartridge thorough gauge. It is my very favorite gun… This is the best gun made by man. It has extreme sentimental value… I call her Vera.

Interestingly, Adam Baldwin, who played Jayne, is the rare pro-2A type in Hollywood.

Oh, and as I recall, Vera helps save the day.

17 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

Firefly is a space western. Highly recommended. 

If you’ll notice, a few of us have quotes from the series in our Sig lines, myself included.

I got the title reference and am a brown coat myself. Used to blast the theme at work when I got stressed.

I have the boxed set but after the Brisco thread I was gonna keep my geekdom to myself. I have that boxed set also

6 hours ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

I think it's pretty ugly myself , but two questions come to mind.

Isn't Steel Challenge shot with .22s , and start with gun-in-hand , so no holster needed??

Not sure , why I'm asking.

Rex :D

You are thinking Rim Fire Challenge. There is also Steel Challenge where you use Center Fire pistols.

Archived