SASS Wire Forum

A tip of the hat to the Dixie Desperadoes; The Four Corners Regional!

Frederick Jackson Turner

Big kudos to the Dixie Desperadoes for putting on a terrific match, last weekend! The range was immaculate (great shooter-friendly props, by the way!), the weather was glorious, and the event ran like clockwork.  The match itself was a challenge one, but even my own fumble-fingered self only missed one target. Even the banquet was one of the best I've ever attended.

Cheers to the trophied class, but everyone that attended was a winner.

Cheers,

FJT

Second everything FJT said.

The Dixie Desperados put on a good shoot, lunches, ice cream and banquet.

All the while giving away a goodly number of door prizes.

Sequences were straightforward while target placement was big and close enough to feel like you could run full throttle and just far enough away to punish you if you forgot about the front site (Which I did on stage 10).

More thumbs UP!!!

The best range I have ever visited (Jerome is also EXCELLENT).

When food trucks "skipped" the hosts brought in free pizza for everyone....twice.

Too many to mention, all the members worked long and hard.

See for yourself, attend the Senior Games in October.

-wylie

I have to agree with all that the others have said. Really fun match and all the Dixie Desperados treated us like we were old friends.  We’ll be there again next year. 

This match has been very good to me in the past.  My wife and I have won costume contests and I took home a Dillon 650 a few years ago.  I find the wind conditions challenging for a black powder shooter.  The wind can change from north to south and to dead calm in seconds.  However, this is a treeless, low-humidity range and smoke does not linger.  There is nearly unlimited on-range camping and a designated area where one can run a generator all night.  The area caters to tourists (Zion Nat'l Park is nearby) and there are plenty of hotels and campgrounds near the range.   I always enjoy the drive to Legends.  Every possible route is scenic.

Four Corners Regional just plain fantastic. Thanks very much to Dixie Desperados for this great match, Banquet, & chow all great.

All stages were great & challenge to keep mind over matter.

Thanks again;

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

6 minutes ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Hey, how come Four Corners Regional was over by Three Corners? LOL :P Just funnin'

Bet it was a blast! Maybe someday...

It's a long drive from Georgia.  I would not come just for the match.  However, if you visited some of the national parks of the Colorado Plateau it would be a worthwhile trip.  Vegas is a half day drive to the south if you like man-made attractions.

Thanks for all the kind words, folks!  Lucky & I just got home from our Board meeting and we’re already talking about things to make this event even better next year. 
As you can imagine, it takes a lot of work (physical, mental as well as teamwork) to put on a shoot like this.  The Dixie Desperados thank each and every participant for coming out to this years Four Corners Regional/Wild Bunch Territorial Championship.   Match Directors, board members and workers got it up and running........but it’s the shooters who were a big part of taking it to the top.  We thank each of YOU for the “Spirit of the Game” you exhibited; for the camaraderie and kindness that’s a big part of every SASS event. Anyone can compete.  It takes special people to compete with “class”. 
See you next year! 

Archived