SASS Wire Forum

Would you do it?

Alpo

Thoughts based on two online stories.

In one of them, the hero is a billionaire. In an interview he said that the main reason that he really wanted to make a lot of money was so that he never had to fly commercial.

That makes sense. If I needed to fly somewhere, and I had the option to not fly commercial, and not go through TSA and the ticket counters and the lines, I would certainly do it.

Second story. These people are flying to Norway to buy a new airplane, which they will then fly back to Alabama. And they are complaining about the lines, and TSA, etc.

And I wondered, if they could afford to fly to Europe and write a check for $5 million dollars for an airplane, why not charter a plane? Even flying first class is not going to be as comfortable as flying in a chartered Gulfstream.

I looked it up. For five people it starts at €80,400.

If you had the money to write a check for $5 million dollars to buy an airplane, would you pay $100,000 to fly charter to Europe to pick it up?

I’m cheap!!  I figure those people didn’t get rich paying ridiculous amounts of money for transportation. I know that I wouldn’t!!

12 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Thoughts based on two online stories.

In one of them, the hero is a billionaire. In an interview he said that the main reason that he really wanted to make a lot of money was so that he never had to fly commercial.

That makes sense. If I needed to fly somewhere, and I had the option to not fly commercial, and not go through TSA and the ticket counters and the lines, I would certainly do it.

Second story. These people are flying to Norway to buy a new airplane, which they will then fly back to Alabama. And they are complaining about the lines, and TSA, etc.

And I wondered, if they could afford to fly to Europe and write a check for $5 million dollars for an airplane, why not charter a plane? Even flying first class is not going to be as comfortable as flying in a chartered Gulfstream.

I looked it up. For five people it starts at €80,400.

If you had the money to write a check for $5 million dollars to buy an airplane, would you pay $100,000 to fly charter to Europe to pick it up?

If I'm a billionaire I'd charter the plane and not even think about it. $100,000 is pocket change to a billionaire

I'm a hundredaire so I don't have any semblance of an idea what a billionaire might do. :D

Spending that kind of money, you deliver.

After 3/4 of a million miles going all over the world in airplanes, I no longer have any desire to go anywhere that I can't drive to in 15 hours or less.

And I will never get on any vehicle that requires me to put up the the BS I'sdhave to go through to get aboard their vehicle.

Archived