SASS Wire Forum

fed-ex tried their best to destroy this.

I am rich, wealthy and feel like a billionaire... all because I was able to find and purchase 1 brick (1000) of percussion caps!  They arrived today.  It looks like somebody at Fed Ex tried their best to make them go bang.  Luckily the packaging inside did its job.  The box is marked "hazardous material".  I guess that is how they decide which box to play soccer with.

image.png.87c328550c818b405230033d70060915.pngimage.png.3589a36203c107ae2cf8ec302e3902de.png

I haven't been able to find Cafe d' Vita in Costco since last March and I was close to out. So, I ordered three cans; then, four cans. Both times they were delivered by UPS and the flimsy boxes looked like yours. So, it could be that the shipper used a box that wasn't adequate for the weight.

I recently had a spate of deliveries that were handled be FedEx. Boxes damaged, packages lost for days, and even boxes that had obviously been opened arrived at my doorstep, mostly late!!

Did I say that I HATE FedEx??

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I recently had a spate of deliveries that were handled be FedEx. Boxes damaged, packages lost for days, and even boxes that had obviously been opened arrived at my doorstep, mostly late!!

Did I say that I HATE FedEx??

Ditto! Looks like they dropped them off the truck and rannover them. :angry:

I unloaded trucks for the company that was bought out and re-named Fed Ex.  There was a lot of pressure to unload trucks, sort packages and load trucks as quickly as possible.  So poorly packed boxes or boxes that weren't strong enough tended to end up damaged.  If a package was opened it usually meant that it had been damaged sufficiently to require re-packaging, either by repairing the existing box or occasionally re-packaging it into a new box.

1 hour ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

I am rich, wealthy and feel like a billionaire... all because I was able to find and purchase 1 brick (1000) of percussion caps!  They arrived today.  It looks like somebody at Fed Ex tried their best to make them go bang.  Luckily the packaging inside did its job.  The box is marked "hazardous material".  I guess that is how they decide which box to play soccer with.

image.png.87c328550c818b405230033d70060915.pngimage.png.3589a36203c107ae2cf8ec302e3902de.png

Having unloaded trucks for the company that became FedEx, it looks more like it got squished by something heavier being put on top of it or the loading shifting and it got crushed that way.  

One of the opened boxes was from Speedway Motors. They ship thousands of packages every week. The box was one of their boxes and there was no sign of any damage. There was the original brown plastic tape, which appears to have been cut, and clear plastic tape over the brown tape.

I figure someone needed some parts, but what I ordered didn’t meet their needs.

7 hours ago, watab kid said:

abused in a system that is intended to "handle efficiently" 

Silly me, I assumed that the additional hazardous material fee was paying for hazardous material handling not just a pretty red sticker for the box.

In any event, Grafs knows how to package products so they are unharmed even with the rough handling.  The interior box was unmolested as were the packs of caps within!  My C&B's will no longer feel neglected! :lol:

I ordered some stuff from Springfield leather, they shipped it FEDEX. Look at the tracking history

Saturday, April 17, 2021
11:26 AM  Diamondhead, MS DeliveredLeft at front door. Signature Service not requested. 
4:46 AM  GULFPORT, MS On FedEx vehicle for delivery
4:26 AM  GULFPORT, MS At local FedEx facility
Friday, April 16, 2021
10:25 AM  GULFPORT, MS At local FedEx facilityScheduled for delivery next business day 
8:06 AM  GULFPORT, MS At local FedEx facility
Thursday, April 15, 2021
11:22 PM  MEMPHIS, TN Departed FedEx location
6:17 PM  MEMPHIS, TN Arrived at FedEx location
1:20 PM  WIDENER, AR In transit
1:07 AM  ADRIAN, TX In transit
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
12:00 PM  PHOENIX, AZ Departed FedEx location
8:13 AM  PHOENIX, AZ Arrived at FedEx location
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
7:25 PM  HENDERSON, NV Departed FedEx location
5:21 AM  HENDERSON, NV At local FedEx facility