SASS Wire Forum

Landrun

Another great match by the Territorial Marshalls.  They just keep getting better.  SASS Nationals should be outstanding.

Thank you all.

A heartfelt salute to Missouri Mae, FlatTop Okie, Roy’s Creek Dan and all the dedicated crew for the 2021 Land Run.  This was absolutely the best match I have ever participated in, and I’ve been in a lot of good ones over the last 15 years.  The stages were fun and challenging, the stage instructions complete, clear and precise, and the sequences and sets perfect for running and gunning.  I was greatly impressed by the efficient way in which the volunteers helped run the Swap Meet and was able to do plenty of shopping with the large complement of vendors.  I dearly loved the chicken fried steak at the Friday dinner on the range.  The banquet vittles were first class too.  Flat Top ran things smoothly during the awards and many prize drawings—he could show Don Rickles a thing or two about quick and biting witticisms.  And best of all was seeing some old friends like Possum Skinner, Singin’ Sue, and Tucker T. Fudpucker, and making lots of new acquaintances.  It was a genuine privilege to get to know, work and shoot with Billy and Sassy Boots, Mr Finger, Ruidoso and all the Posse 4 gang.  Will I be back?  Try to keep me from it!  SASS Nationals, here I come.

2 hours ago, Cassalong Hopidy said:

A heartfelt salute to Missouri Mae, FlatTop Okie, Roy’s Creek Dan and all the dedicated crew for the 2021 Land Run.  This was absolutely the best match I have ever participated in, and I’ve been in a lot of good ones over the last 15 years.  The stages were fun and challenging, the stage instructions complete, clear and precise, and the sequences and sets perfect for running and gunning.  I was greatly impressed by the efficient way in which the volunteers helped run the Swap Meet and was able to do plenty of shopping with the large complement of vendors.  I dearly loved the chicken fried steak at the Friday dinner on the range.  The banquet vittles were first class too.  Flat Top ran things smoothly during the awards and many prize drawings—he could show Don Rickles a thing or two about quick and biting witticisms.  And best of all was seeing some old friends like Possum Skinner, Singin’ Sue, and Tucker T. Fudpucker, and making lots of new acquaintances.  It was a genuine privilege to get to know, work and shoot with Billy and Sassy Boots, Mr Finger, Ruidoso and all the Posse 4 gang.  Will I be back?  Try to keep me from it!  SASS Nationals, here I come.

I was so excited when I read your name on the shooters list!!!

So great getting my hug and great conversation!!!

And as far as the Boots, Fingers and Ruidoso...they are the people we travel 13 hours to see at CAC!

We have attended 5 Land Runs (maybe 6) in 10 years, and every one has been awesome...regardless of weather!!!

Food vendors on each end of the range, variety of vendors on vendors row.

Dry camping only had 5 of us this year....plenty of open space for more.

The crew is pleasant and efficient with everything they do...

It is just a pleasure to attend.

Archived