SASS Wire Forum

Well I would watched but there was a ball game on so.......;)

The Oscars were hyped as being completely different than in the past.  That it would be like a scripted movie.  They said you would see the difference in the first 90 seconds.  So I decided to watch the first 90 seconds.  The very first presenter started off by saying if things had gone differently in Minneapolis she would be wearing marching boots instead of high heels.  Didn't seem any different.  I switched it off.  A couple of hours later I accidently landed on the channel with the Oscars while channel surfing.  Harrison Ford just happened to be the presenter so i watched a couple of minutes.  Wow, poor old guy was as bad as Biden.  Mumbling and making no sense.

3 hours ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

I actually had an Oscar once but it bullied all the other fish and I flushed it.  Likely would do the the same for the majority of the recipients if it were possible to get that big of turd down a septic system.

Yeah! One of my buds from my bachelor days had Oscars and Convicts. I had a huge Plecostimus.   We put one of his Oscars in a big tank with the “sucker catfish” on a bet.  After a brief and violent battle, the Oscar found a corner of the tank and backed into it!!!

The 93rd Academy Awards tried to cover for a lost year in film with a boatload of intrigue: A change in venue that allowed for a maskless audience, a movie-style production led by director Steven Soderbergh, and a change in format with a surprise ending. None of that could save the Oscars from turning in the lowest rated telecast in the show's history — by a sizable margin.

On 4/26/2021 at 6:00 AM, Go West said:

As a kid, I grew up on Westerns and horror films. The 3 Stooges often had shorts to go with them. In the summer, the local theater would let us in with bottle caps from milk bottles produced by the local dairy. Double features were common and we had a great time. I could spend 5 cents for a Slow Poke sucker that would last until the movie got over. Stars were pretty darn good and no one offended audiences by spewing political crap.

When I was a kid, (early 1960s) I could get a Dollar from my Mom, go to a monster, (Frankenstein, Mummy, Wolfman, Dracula, Godzilla,  etc.) double feature on Saturday afternoon, get a ticket, soda, popcorn, AND a candy bar, and go home with a Nickel change.

2 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

When I was a kid, (early 1960s) I could get a Dollar from my Mom, go to a monster, (Frankenstein, Mummy, Wolfman, Dracula, Godzilla,  etc.) double feature on Saturday afternoon, get a ticket, sode, popcorn, AND a candy bar, and go home with a Nickel change.

I needed an extra quarter for the bus downtown.

20 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

...Harrison Ford just happened to be the presenter so i watched a couple of minutes.  Wow, poor old guy was as bad as Biden.  Mumbling and making no sense.

I sincerely hope his cognitive decline is not yet as bad as Biden's simply because Harrison Ford is still flying around the country himself, piloting his own airplanes. That might not be good…

The Academy Awards were entertaining when hosted by Bob Hope and Johnny Carson.

I’m showing my age here.

:ph34r:

18 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

I sincerely hope his cognitive decline is not yet as bad as Biden's simply because Harrison Ford is still flying around the country himself, piloting his own airplanes. That might not be good…

Seeing how he has landed on a golf course and the taxi way at John Wayne (twice), I am thinking that train may have left the station. 

8 hours ago, Whiskey Hicks said:

Only two movies that came out this year with a dang and award worthy: Nomad and News of the World.

Never heard of Nomad and can't find it on any movie site.  Do you have a link?

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

<sarcasm mode on> Now we have two pages on a topic no one claims to care about.  <sarcasm mode off> :o:lol:;)

................. not the first time .......... won't be the last .....   :mellow:

On 4/27/2021 at 9:23 AM, J-BAR #18287 said:

The Academy Awards were entertaining when hosted by Bob Hope and Johnny Carson.

I’m showing my age here.

:ph34r:

That’s when Hollywood cared about entertaining its audience. Now it’s all about virtue signaling and smug lecturing. 

Archived