SASS Wire Forum

Was Chuck Connors ambidextrous?

Sitting here watching The Rifleman episode Wyoming Story. There's a scene in a saloon where he shoots the points off a deer head. LEFT HANDED. In the opening he shoots right handed (I looked at it on YouTube). I never noticed him shooting lefty. Did he shoot either way and I just now noticed it?

JHC

Pretty sure he was straight. 

Yes he also playing with the Boston Celtics and Dodgers. He was 6’6” and outstanding athlete.  His brother was Mike Conners of “Tightrope”. Chuck was ambidextrous, not amphibious!

2 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

In an old copy of "Guns of the Old West", there was a picture of him twirling TWO rifles. 

Chuck Conners, The Rifleman, both hands.jpg

17 hours ago, Irish-Pat said:

Yes he also playing with the Boston Celtics and Dodgers. He was 6’6” and outstanding athlete.  His brother was Mike Conners of “Tightrope”. Chuck was ambidextrous, not amphibious!

Got my curiosity up and been looking, I don't find where he was related to Mike Connors. Mike's real name was Krekor Ohanian!

JHC

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/mannix-star-mike-connors-dies-at-91

I tried to spin my Win. 94 Carbine once years ago. I made it one time with two fingers in the lever loop. Decided right then and there I was pushing my luck and that if anyone ever asked if I ever spun a lever gun I could say “Yes” without further elaboration. 

I tried it because I saw a clip of Chuck Conners doing it. Yes, I was old enough to know better. No, I haven’t tried since. 

Ambidextrous actors save directors from moving cameras and sets. It's a big time saver when trying to get the desired film shot. Watch Clint Eastwood throw his badge at the end of Dirty Harry.  

35 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I tried to spin my Win. 94 Carbine once years ago. I made it one time with two fingers in the lever loop. Decided right then and there I was pushing my luck and that if anyone ever asked if I ever spun a lever gun I could say “Yes” without further elaboration. 

I tried it because I saw a clip of Chuck Conners doing it. Yes, I was old enough to know better. No, I haven’t tried since. 

:lol: I tried that once with my Marlin 336. Once. Luckily I didn't break any fingers!

JHC

21 hours ago, Irish-Pat said:

Played 66 games with the Cubs in 51. Played for the Dodgers’ AAA team in Montreal.

Switch hitter.

Switch shooter.

Archived