SASS Wire Forum

Chaparral 1876 45-60 package SPF

Decided to get in the long range game several months ago and due to increased work and family responsibilities haven't even shot it and can barely make the local cowboy action matches. Hence I figure someone can use and enjoy this besides it just sitting in my safe. It's a chaparral 45-60 the later produced ones and not the earlier problematic ones. Good wood and case hardening and clean smooth action. It has a couple of scratches but nothing serious. Package includes marble sights, primed and unprimed brass, dies, bullets, and the original ladder sights. Everything you need to get into the long range game. All you need is powder. Here is a link on load data as well to get you started https://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php?topic=36384.20

$1175 shipped to your FFl.

IMG_20210424_074457711.jpg

IMG_20210424_074406542~2.jpg

IMG_20210424_074426633.jpg

IMG_20210424_074353216.jpg

• Fill Yer Hand changed the title to Chaparral 1876 45-60 package SPF
On 4/24/2021 at 3:02 PM, Steady Habit said:

ill take it, PM sent

SH,

I have a Uberti 76 in 45-60. Great rifle!  I shoot a 305 grn Bear Creek coated Bullet with 12.0 grns Unique. Works well for me.  Won the Lever Action Long Range at SASS SW regional “Land Run” with it this week!  Enjoy your rifle! 

23 hours ago, ORNERY OAF said:

Ya that's a heck of a rifle at a good deal...

That may be the good one.  Chaparral was one of our range sponsors when we first started a range and SASS Club.  They sold several of these and other calibers to the new members.  They all looked good, but none functioned properly.  They had feeding issues among other problems.  Several shooters gave up this game with all of the frustrations.

1 hour ago, Frontier Lone Rider said:

That may be the good one.  Chaparral was one of our range sponsors when we first started a range and SASS Club.  They sold several of these and other calibers to the new members.  They all looked good, but none functioned properly.  They had feeding issues among other problems.  Several shooters gave up this game with all of the frustrations.

This i did not know, thanks for the heads up as I am looking for a long range lever as well

If you need to cut down 45-70 brass for a 45-60, harbor Freight sells a handy little mini chop saw for about 40 bucks. Works really well. 

Archived