SASS Wire Forum

10 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Over and Over and OVER again !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Nothing to do with bikes, but this just popped into my head.

I am a firm believer in leaving both wheels on the road at all times. Perhaps because I have been in close personal contact with various forms of road making materials. ;)

I was trying to see any obvious scar tissue on our heroine’s extremities above. Couldn’t really tell. That girl has talent and probably some form of brain damage :lol: but seeing her wearing shorts and tank tops, though very appealing, I couldn’t help but cringe at the idea of what her pretty little body would look like after a 50+ mph spill…or even less than 50 mph. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Redleg Reilly, SASS #46372 said:

New bike at the ranch.

20210804_091653.jpg

Is that a 300 or a 400?  :D

I think you’re going to love that bike. 

I have a 2016 Versys 650. Love that bike. I would like to step up to the 1000LT+ , but I think my wife is hoping I give up on this motorcycle fetish of mine. 

That’s not happening. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Redleg Reilly, SASS #46372 said:

It's the Versys 1000 lt +, the 2020 model.  Had it for a week now and enjoying it!

After I looked again I realized I didn’t look close  enough at the engine. Oops. :rolleyes:

I really like that bike. I went to the International Motorcycle Show in along Beach in December of 2019. I sat on dozens of bikes, but when I sat on the Versys 1000 LT+ it felt completely familiar and it fit me. It sits just like the 650 only slightly heavier. 

I added this set of LED lights to my bike. I set them up as supplemental lighting for the low beam headlight. They really get people’s attention and really help at night. 
https://www.kawasaki.com/en-us/shop/featured/facebook/999940996/led-auxiliary-light-set/

I think I like your model better. Here is the 2021 model 

image.png.f33574887ddd2804fb5b93504af2bd38.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

After I looked again I realized I didn’t look close  enough at the engine. Oops. :rolleyes:

I really like that bike. I went to the International Motorcycle Show in along Beach in December of 2019. I sat on dozens of bikes, but when I sat on the Versys 1000 LT+ it felt completely familiar and it fit me. It sits just like the 650 only slightly heavier. 

I added this set of LED lights to my bike. I set them up as supplemental lighting for the low beam headlight. They really get people’s attention and really help at night. 
https://www.kawasaki.com/en-us/shop/featured/facebook/999940996/led-auxiliary-light-set/

I think I like your model better. Here is the 2021 model 

image.png.f33574887ddd2804fb5b93504af2bd38.png

I was impressed with how it carries the weight.  It is about 100 lbs lighter than the ST 1300 I was on but it doesn't feel even that heavy.  Compared it with the 2021 but not much change except the color.  It was also still new so I got a good discount being last year's model.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Redleg Reilly, SASS #46372 said:

I was impressed with how it carries the weight.  It is about 100 lbs lighter than the ST 1300 I was on but it doesn't feel even that heavy.  Compared it with the 2021 but not much change except the color.  It was also still new so I got a good discount being last year's model.

I am not sure about the 1000, but I suspect it might be, but my 650 is very top heavy. It’s nimble at speed but at slow speeds, especially in a U-turn use of the rear brake for stability is darn near mandatory. 

I sat on a GS1200 and an ST1300. I like the feel of the Kawasaki more. I would have liked to test ride them but the show I went to wasn’t offering these as a test ride option. 

I like having a tall bike, especially in traffic. Though I must admit I truly miss my Kawasaki Vulcan 900 LT. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I am not sure about the 1000, but I suspect it might be, but my 650 is very top heavy. It’s nimble at speed but at slow speeds, especially in a U-turn use of the rear brake for stability is darn near mandatory. 

I sat on a GS1200 and an ST1300. I like the feel of the Kawasaki more. I would have liked to test ride them but the show I went to wasn’t offering these as a test ride option. 

I like having a tall bike, especially in traffic. Though I must admit I truly miss my Kawasaki Vulcan 900 LT. 

My ST1300 was an excellent machine that I enjoyed.  Nonstop power throughout the power band.  I traded it as it was getting to be too hot for me here in Texas and to be honest, I wanted some updated suspension work and some of the electronic options available now.  It was top heavy, but as soon as it started to roll, it wasn't a problem.  I find the 1000 Versys to feel a lot less top heavy than the ST, whether moving it in the garage or just starting to roll the throttle.

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2021 at 4:56 PM, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

bike.jpg

Looking back at this, I have to ask:
Does this mean Pat is starting to embrace the California Lifestyle ? 

• Haha 3

On 8/15/2021 at 4:25 AM, WOLFY said:

from the “wish i never sold it” category 

F33CB434-D63E-43F2-B9A6-5AEAC66BE91D.jpeg

From the “I wish List never crashed it” category. :D

0DE70584-E1EE-4474-ADB0-F091ACCF1C7A.thumb.jpeg.14d8583a1fb6cc59ca316daf3eb254b2.jpeg

Edited by Pat Riot, SASS #13748
  • Haha 1