SASS Wire Forum

Pat's Bikes

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

187250.jpg

:lol:

This reminds me of the time I rode my 97 Yamaha Virago 535 to a bike shop in Oregon that was having this huge parking lot sale with vendor tents, live music, food and good deals on all kinds of motorcycle gear. This was a big shop that sold nearly every make of motorcycle. 
Anyway, I had parked my little Yamaha and was standing next to it taking off my helmet when this group of 8 or 9 Harley riders pulled into the lot. As they passed by me I smiled, nodded my head at them and one of them loudly says “Hey, nice scooter!”

Another yells “Does your wife know you took her bike?” and they all laughed as they made their way into this lot across from the shindig. Apparently these yahoos thought there was parking up closer to the front, there was not. Had they not been a bunch of dumbarses I might have let them know.
As I walked towards them and the event they apparently realized there was no parking there so they were attempting to turn around. 
As they tried a smooth collective U-turn maneuver with 900+ pound bikes at really low speed one guy wobbled, put his foot out to counter while a couple of others guys did their best imitation of “Joe Cool” smiling and ogling some really pretty girls as they deftly maneuvered their rides…at really low speed as Mr Bean tried to control his behemoth. This all happened in like 2 seconds. 
Joe Clumsy ran into Joe Cool number 1, then no. 1 bumped no. 2, Joe Clumsy overreacted then kind of ricocheted off JC1 and then hit Joe Cool no. 3. Then they all 4 fell down. 
It was all I could do not to laugh but the thought of how much money in damage I just witnessed kept me in check. 
I trotted over to see if I could be of any assistance and helped get a couple of bikes upright. 
Boy were these guys embarrassed. 
Mr. “Hey nice scooter” kind of gave me a dirty look as I asked if they needed any more help and me being the smart*** that I am I couldn’t help myself…

I said “Well, now I know why they call ‘em ‘Hogs’. You boys looked like a pack of hogs at a feeding trough running into each other to get to the molasses. 
At least my wife’s scooter has some mobility at low speed.” Then I laughed.  So did the pretty girls. 
In a splint second there was embarrassment, anger and such dirty dirty language aimed in my direction. :lol:

I just laughed and walked away. I couldn’t help the rub. Not one of those arseholes said “thank you” to me for helping them out. 
I hope they were able to wash the Jap Bike Cooties off their beloved Hogs after I helped them get back on their wheels. :lol:

Are you referring to the muffler design - if so I don't get it? Or the muffler pointed up in the air, so the new rider can lay his leg on it?

That would be kind of cruel.

18 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

:lol:

This reminds me of the time I rode my 97 Yamaha Virago 535 to a bike shop in Oregon that was having this huge parking lot sale with vendor tents, live music, food and good deals on all kinds of motorcycle gear. This was a big shop that sold nearly every make of motorcycle. 
Anyway, I had parked my little Yamaha and was standing next to it taking off my helmet when this group of 8 or 9 Harley riders pulled into the lot. As they passed by me I smiled, nodded my head at them and one of them loudly says “Hey, nice scooter!”

Another yells “Does your wife know you took her bike?” and they all laughed as they made their way into this lot across from the shindig. Apparently these yahoos thought there was parking up closer to the front, there was not. Had they not been a bunch of dumbarses I might have let them know.
As I walked towards them and the event they apparently realized there was no parking there so they were attempting to turn around. 
As they tried a smooth collective U-turn maneuver with 900+ pound bikes at really low speed one guy wobbled, put his foot out to counter while a couple of others guys did their best imitation of “Joe Cool” smiling and ogling some really pretty girls as they deftly maneuvered their rides…at really low speed as Mr Bean tried to control his behemoth. This all happened in like 2 seconds. 
Joe Clumsy ran into Joe Cool number 1, then no. 1 bumped no. 2, Joe Clumsy overreacted then kind of ricocheted off JC1 and then hit Joe Cool no. 3. Then they all 4 fell down. 
It was all I could do not to laugh but the thought of how much money in damage I just witnessed kept me in check. 
I trotted over to see if I could be of any assistance and helped get a couple of bikes upright. 
Boy were these guys embarrassed. 
Mr. “Hey nice scooter” kind of gave me a dirty look as I asked if they needed any more help and me being the smart*** that I am I couldn’t help myself…

I said “Well, now I know why they call ‘em ‘Hogs’. You boys looked like a pack of hogs at a feeding trough running into each other to get to the molasses. 
At least my wife’s scooter has some mobility at low speed.” Then I laughed.  So did the pretty girls. 
In a splint second there was embarrassment, anger and such dirty dirty language aimed in my direction. :lol:

I just laughed and walked away. I couldn’t help the rub. Not one of those arseholes said “thank you” to me for helping them out. 
I hope they were able to wash the Jap Bike Cooties off their beloved Hogs after I helped them get back on their wheels. :lol:

If i drop my 900 lb bike i need a crowd to help get up again.

59 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

If i drop my 900 lb bike i need a crowd to help get up again.

I helped a guy right his Harley a couple of years ago. We used a trick I saw on a Harley video. His was over on the left so no kickstand safety but we got it up. 

Once you're back in the saddle, so to speak, no more of this Pat, OK?

It takes too ling to heal at our age!!

BJRT9309.jpeg

6 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

She’s a cutie! :wub:

Thanks Perro, she made some good points. 

That video also reminded me that years ago, my friend Jaime called me to ask me to come over to help him pick up his bike. It had fallen over in his front yard when he was washing it. The ground got soft (water) and the kickstand just sunk into the ground. 
He did motorcycle “dressage” or what I call “synchronized swimming on huge motorcycles”. :D

He was one of those guys that did the group motorcycle tricks with really big heavy bikes. His Harley weighed at least 1000 pounds. 
I sure wish we had that cute little redhead around that day. It took 3 of us to get his bike up. :lol:

Jaime never washed his bike in the yard again. 

On 5/30/2021 at 10:29 AM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

072ae30fb6cc7e51d465291396e0a652.jpg

Interesting concept. I am not sure if I should laugh or be concerned that this describes me pretty well. 

I think I’ll go with laugh…:lol:

41 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

^^^^^^^^

.... GOOD ! .... he's got his helmet on ......   ^_^

Ya need a full face helmet for face-plant protection. :lol:

Just a reminder Pat; If you pick up one of those cute California gals hitchhiking, before you get home:

REMEMBER

ride-out-with-boys-webuyanybike-300x278.png

Archived