SASS Wire Forum

Pat's Bikes

14 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Been to the Rock Store many times.

The last time I saw this bike, it was in a shop, "Indian Engineering", in Stanton. Stop by sometime to see some interesting restoration projects. Tell John I said HI.

The last time I was at the Rock Store was after the CoVid craziness last summer. It still gets a lot of visitors and riders. I was actually planning to go up there in February but I broke my arm. 
I still won’t be able to ride for a couple more months. :angry:

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

A Tippman 9mm “Gatling” sells for $5,000!

https://tippmannarmory.com/gatling-gun/

I wonder if it could be modified to shoot .357 / .38...

Oops...never mind. I just looked at how it’s fed. I’ll bet .357 lead projectiles would work without over pressuring the system. 

The trick will be getting it to feed a rimed cartridge reliably. 
A belt fed action is likely the easiest solution. 

9 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

The trick will be getting it to feed a rimed cartridge reliably. 
A belt fed action is likely the easiest solution. 

I plan to make my own, it'll use a Bruce feeder, straight from the ammo box.

4 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

I have seen the bike and it is an engineer's nightmare

Is that better or worse than the people that took a 1200 Harley V-Twin motor and used it to power a chainsaw?

4 hours ago, El CupAJoe said:

Why?

People that only shoot one or possibly two cartridges need to know the supreme joy of shooting many. Stockpiling ammunition for 30 or 40 different cartridges. The pleasure of knowing that when you go in the gun store, no matter how low the supply of ammunition, you probably have a gun that will shoot it.

I went into Walmart one time, back during the reign of the Kenyan, and just for funsies I walked over and looked at the ammunition case. They had 12 gauge shot shells, 30 carbine, and 32 automatic. That was it. And if I needed ammunition to defend my house, I had guns that would shoot all three of them.

24 minutes ago, Alpo said:

People that only shoot one or possibly two cartridges need to know the supreme joy of shooting many. Stockpiling ammunition for 30 or 40 different cartridges. The pleasure of knowing that when you go in the gun store, no matter how low the supply of ammunition, you probably have a gun that will shoot it.

I went into Walmart one time, back during the reign of the Kenyan, and just for funsies I walked over and looked at the ammunition case. They had 12 gauge shot shells, 30 carbine, and 32 automatic. That was it. And if I needed ammunition to defend my house, I had guns that would shoot all three of them.

If all I find is 9mm, 100% of the non brass components can be reworked into a .357 magnum case and work in my guns... the reverse is not true... I can use most shotgun powders, and can recast shot into bullets... same with 30 carbine and 32 ACP... but I usually leave that for others.  easier at this time to shoot cap and ball for recreation and save my other components.  thing is, I don't remember the last time I purchased ammo for myself.  actually I take that back, it's whenever I buy a gun that isn't .357 magnum, like when I bought my AR and couldn't get supplies or tools to reload, or when I had a 9mm as a holdover when I was between .357 magnums.  extra calibers always complicates my logistics and I'm dedicated to keeping things manageable and versatile.  .357 magnum does 80% of my non-shotgun needs.  To fill the other 20%, I can fill 10% with 5.56, and 9% with a longer range cartridge. and 1% with 105mm... :D  When I can gather the parts and tools I actually intend to shelve my 5.56 for a 350 Legend, again, for compatibility with my logistics.

16 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Ever been in a Biker Magazine?

My left shoulder was in a photo in Easy Rider back in 1986 that was actually taken at the Rock Store. Does that count? 

Is that you and your bike? That is such a cool bike. 

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My left shoulder was in a photo in Easy Rider back in 1986 that was actually taken at the Rock Store. Does that count? 

Is that you and your bike? That is such a cool bike. 

Yes and yes.B)

(I was in background pictures in a few biker mags.)

Remember back when clogs were cool? Shoe made something like bedroom slippers - had a toe and a sole, but no heel, and you just slid your foot into them? 90s? Maybe 80s?

There was a country song, were the singer was explaining to his girl about how he appreciated her buying him clothes and trying to make him look hip and with it, but why they just didn't work. And he mentions that the clogs were nice but he burns his heel on the exhaust pipes of his bike when he wears them.

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

image.png.f9ef942a2c18345232f88166c5626387.png

Well, he obviously hasn’t been hurt enough in his life. At least he’s wearing a helmet. I guess those hands and ankles are bullet proof...until he face plants at 25. Can I get a “Duh, Man!”

http://blogstersguild.blogspot.com/2008/05/uni-motorcycle-one-wheeled-motorcyle.html?m=1

:wub: She’s cute and she rides a bike. :wub:

- CUE WAVY LINES -

I can see it now...

Me: Hey honey, just going for a ride with my new riding buddy.

My wife: Oh, okay, who’s your new riding buddy?

Me: Pat. Pat has a really nice chopper. We’re gonna take an overnight bag so I may not make it back tonight. Long ride and all. I will call you and let you know later, okay?

My wife: I wish you had said something sooner, I might have liked to come along. 

Me: Sorry honey. Pat sprung this on me at the last minute. 

Cue the sound of a Harley pulling into the driveway. Wife looks out window then walks to the back room. She re-emerges with Mossberg...

Ya know, on second thought perhaps we’ll leave this little fantasy right where it is...in the dust bin of my mind...

With my son's history on bikes, I read the title of this thread as Parts Bikes...........

As for the above, my bike would be in parts!

Archived