SASS Wire Forum

Pat's Bikes

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I was thinking Spokes tight; fingers broken.

Yeah! His hand is into those spokes. Ouch! 

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

More info:

1930 Henderson "Streamliner"

The motorcycling world loves a ‘barn find’, an old, obscure machine wheeled out of the woodwork for the first time.  

It’s a 1930 Henderson that was customized before WW2 by a fellow called O. Ray Courtney and fitted with ‘streamliner’ bodywork.

One night in March, 1930, O. Ray Courtney worked until two a.m. And drove home discouraged. He was trying to design a better motorcycle. He wanted one with the seat forward, with better cooling, better springing and a more beautiful body. Discarded sketches littered the floor of his shop. That night in a dream he saw a steamlined beauty skim across a flowered field. Too excited to report for work the next day, he hastily put his dream on paper and he is riding that dream cycle now through the streets of Pontiac, Mich 

The art deco influence is obvious; legendary automotive designer Harley Earl could have drawn those curves.

It’s all the more unusual because the mechanicals are hidden: even at the height of the Art Deco movement, most motorcycles were a triumph of form over function, with exposed cooling fins, brake drums and suspension springs.

The bike is owned by collector Frank Westfall of Syracuse.

It caused a stir in June 2010 when it appeared at the Rhinebeck Grand National Meet, a motorcycle show held a couple of hours drive north of NYC. 

50 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

image.jpeg.0217b5d2437af8e4ffb890a3a14a271b.jpeg

Yawn.

That's Baton Rouge (or wherever Mizzou is located) on a football game weekend. 

Ain't Auburn or Clemson- wrong color for Aubie (and the feet are too small) and the costume looks way too healthy to be Clemson (what is the deal with the scrawny, sick looking tiger costume over there, anyway?).

On 4/24/2021 at 6:31 AM, Perro Del Diablo said:

Can you pick uot@patriot in this picture?

Image result for motorcycle fails

That’s Nicholas CageN:lol::D

12 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Wooden Motorcycle .jpg

Norm Abrams meets Horny Mike.....

1 hour ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

image.jpeg.0217b5d2437af8e4ffb890a3a14a271b.jpeg

Poor kitty cat. I feel for him. I did that once. I was wearing shorts and my leg hit the hot exhaust pipe. Burned all the hair off my calf.

13 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Wooden Motorcycle .jpg

Is that a Leif spring suspension?

image.png.17a14c1974273f8879bf592011a770b9.png

This is how I plan to reward myself after getting out of debt, I'll be paying cash.  MG will be a .357 magnum Gatling of some sort (don't have to notify ATF if going to Sturgis).  Dual purpose, it'll be my gun cart.

50 minutes ago, El CupAJoe said:

This is how I plan to reward myself after getting out of debt, I'll be paying cash.  MG will be a .357 magnum Gatling of some sort (don't have to notify ATF if going to Sturgis).  Dual purpose, it'll be my gun cart.

Hey, they make a 9mm Gatling Gun now, just what you need!

1 minute ago, DeaconKC said:

Hey, they make a 9mm Gatling Gun now, just what you need!

if I get a 9mm, I can only shoot 9mm.  I plan on shooting .357 max, mag, special, longs etc.  I also don't own any 9mm, it's superfluous for my needs.

4 minutes ago, El CupAJoe said:

I also don't own any 9mm, it's superfluous for my needs.

Au Contraire. If you don't own a 9 mm, it is not only not superfluous, but it is an absolute necessity.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Looks like an Indian Super 6

Indian 4 frame that has been stretched to hold a Ford flat head V8.

I have seen the bike and it is an engineer's nightmare!

1 minute ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Indian 4 frame that has been stretched to hold a Ford flat head V8.

I have seen the bike and it is an engineer's nightmare!

I’ll bet! Some people do some strange things to bikes. The first time I ever saw a Boss Hoss back in the early 90’s I was at The Rock Store east of Malibu. It’s a motorcycle hangout on Mulholland Highway. Great place to ride, by the way. 
That thing pulled into the lot and people flocked to it. I thought it was the stupidest motorcycle I have ever seen...pretty much still is. 

33 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Au Contraire. If you don't own a 9 mm, it is not only not superfluous, but it is an absolute necessity.

Why?  I got into shooting and reloading during the Obummer shortages.  I picked the .357 mag family because it goes in everything from pocket guns up to brush hunting guns.  It's more versatile in CC role, full sized steel framed hammer fired handguns aside, I've never shot a semi as well as I can shoot a revolver.  I'm not chasing down street gangs.  My relatively low range magnum load in my revolver is just shy of 3000 ftlbs of energy if you add up the whole capacity, that's equivalent to 7 shots of Corbon 125 Gr +P out of a Glock 19 or 10 rounds of 135 Gr Hydra shock out of the same gun.  Equivalent assumes that the 9mm round will be able to create the desired affect.  I don't feel like I need a 9mm.  

Edit,

If my wife shot 9mm or 380 better than 38 special, I'd think about picking one up for her, but she has yet to find one to her liking, so I load 38 specials for her use in my guns.

1 hour ago, El CupAJoe said:

on match days I should get a sign on the back that says "follow me for cowboy action shooting, today's match @_________"  

A Tippman 9mm “Gatling” sells for $5,000!

https://tippmannarmory.com/gatling-gun/

I wonder if it could be modified to shoot .357 / .38...

Oops...never mind. I just looked at how it’s fed. I’ll bet .357 lead projectiles would work without over pressuring the system. 

25 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I’ll bet! Some people do some strange things to bikes. The first time I ever saw a Boss Hoss back in the early 90’s I was at The Rock Store east of Malibu. It’s a motorcycle hangout on Mulholland Highway. Great place to ride, by the way. 
That thing pulled into the lot and people flocked to it. I thought it was the stupidest motorcycle I have ever seen...pretty much still is. 

Been to the Rock Store many times.

The last time I saw this bike, it was in a shop, "Indian Engineering", in Stanton. Stop by sometime to see some interesting restoration projects. Tell John I said HI.

13 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Been to the Rock Store many times.

The last time I saw this bike, it was in a shop, "Indian Engineering", in Stanton. Stop by sometime to see some interesting restoration projects. Tell John I said HI.

Cool. I may just do that. :)

Archived