SASS Wire Forum

So as not to upset Pat

Alpo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FB_IMG_1622512042786.jpg

Probably doesn't upset Pat to comment on this as it was in the Friday humor thread, but it may upset Alley that this made me want Chinese for lunch...

E83FFA50-B928-445D-A6D0-CF35B7315CB2.thumb.jpeg.35442eae7dd93b35b9f255b030ea5e1f.jpg.4dbf8436e819098cef1f862ec9f569d9.jpg

Top row, left side. That's the closest to what I wore during the 70s. Except that I parted mine on the left, I had Elvis Presley sideburns, and my hair had gone curly once I hit puberty.

Between being in the band, which required short hair, and Daddy being career Navy, there ain't no way I'd have any of that long hair.

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

Top row, left side. That's the closest to what I wore during the 70s. Except that I parted mine on the left, I had Elvis Presley sideburns, and my hair had gone curly once I hit puberty.

Between being in the band, which required short hair, and Daddy being career Navy, there ain't no way I'd have any of that long hair.

My Dad was a Marine. In the 70’s he seemed to take great pride and satisfaction out of taking me to the barber for a “military haircut” before any high school event, like a dance, occurred. 

In 11th grade I lied and told my parents “picture day” was a week later than it actually was so I could have “at least one cool” yearbook photo. When I brought school photos home my old man was furious. :D It was worth the beatin’ and the 1 week of grounding that I got. 
Ah…the look on his face. Priceless! :lol:

D7647C07-5A77-43AD-87F0-61ED416CFE0A.thumb.jpeg.cde67a31806beeace0906d93d10d12ef.jpeg

Sometime in the mid 80's I went to the bank on my Harley. Hot day, close to 100, there was a long line at the drive up window. I'm sitting on my bike and start hearing a weird noise, looking for something loose I'm bending over checking the motor, with my ear close to the tank and realize it's the gas in the tank boiling! I shut it off, pushed it out of the way, and ran!

43 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

D7647C07-5A77-43AD-87F0-61ED416CFE0A.thumb.jpeg.cde67a31806beeace0906d93d10d12ef.jpeg

Sometime in the mid 80's I went to the bank on my Harley. Hot day, close to 100, there was a long line at the drive up window. I'm sitting on my bike and start hearing a weird noise, looking for something loose I'm bending over checking the motor, with my ear close to the tank and realize it's the gas in the tank boiling! I shut it off, pushed it out of the way, and ran!

Did she blow?

40 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

No, I waited till the line was gone, pushed it to the window, ( no walk ups allowed) then hit the high way at a good clip. I learned to never let it idle when hot out.

That is one experience I have not had, nor do I want to. :lol:

Glad everything worked out. And I am glad you heard that and realized what was happening. :)

image.jpeg.4b98dce3d8ccdc10ede3e249a1b23ce2.thumb.jpg.56ec81689453d1ca0718d563557011bf.jpg

2 things. First, they cannot be Korean-American immigrants. They can be one or the other but they cannot be both. Korean-American means they are American of Korean descent. Immigrants means they are foreign nationals in our country (it actually means legal foreign nationals, but I'll accept legal or illegal in this argument).

The second thing, and I've never heard this mentioned. They armed themselves and stood ready to protect their property. But did they, in fact, shoot and kill any rioters/arsonists?

Did they kill anybody, which would tell the rest of the looting rioting scum to go take their business elsewhere, or did they just stand there ready and the cowardly looting rioting scum decided to take their business elsewhere?

5 hours ago, Alpo said:

Did they kill anybody, which would tell the rest of the looting rioting scum to go take their business elsewhere, or did they just stand there ready and the cowardly looting rioting scum decided to take their business elsewhere?

Go to YouTube.  Not THESE guys, but others at street level firing pistols at the racist mobs.

I was thinking more about this.

1992, and Koreans took guns and pointed them at black looters and murderers in the defense of their property. The black looters and murderers left, and the world said YAAY! WAY TO GO KOREANS

Not quite thirty years later a white couple takes guns and point them at black looters and murderers in the defense of their property. The black looters and murderers left, and the white couple got arrested.

Archived