SASS Wire Forum

So as not to upset Pat

Alpo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blm.thumb.jpeg.74877103dcc42790f2c58392fdc2707f.jpg.15382b112b9b47fab111a8850baa081e.jpg

There was a George Floyd mural in Kabul? Afghanistan?

Why?

Truthfully, I don't understand why there would be George Floyd murals in America. But why in the hell would they be in a foreign country? Do they really believe that the Afghans give a rat's butt about some criminal that died in America?

Or was it to have some of our military join up with black looters and murderers?

image.png.d00a50f063db7c257f0dd7684fc7283f.png.12617a56ecd331f3db278406e939f62a.png

Don't know how to use it? I don't even know what the hell it is.

I assume it has something to do with the headlights, but whether it's the on-off switch, or the dimmer switch, or something else - I ain't got a clue.

Wish I knew what moron came up with the idea of those cute little drawings they put all over the controls these days, instead of actually writing what the hell it is on the knob. I believe that I would be inclined to hurt him.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

image.png.d00a50f063db7c257f0dd7684fc7283f.png.12617a56ecd331f3db278406e939f62a.png

Don't know how to use it? I don't even know what the hell it is.

I assume it has something to do with the headlights, but whether it's the on-off switch, or the dimmer switch, or something else - I ain't got a clue.

Wish I knew what moron came up with the idea of those cute little drawings they put all over the controls these days, instead of actually writing what the hell it is on the knob. I believe that I would be inclined to hurt him.

Its a turn signal lever in a car. Something a lot of people cannot use correctly.

Because its a combination switch.  See the little white triangular indicator at the bottom of the first section?  You rotate the first section until it points at the function that you want.  The lowest position is all lights "Off"; the next position up is "parking lights" or what some folks call "running lights"; the top position is "headlights".  The two opposing arrows in the third section is supposed to indicate left turn/right turn; press down for left, pull up for right.

Really?  My cars have used these "international" symbols for 40 years or more; time to trade in the Edsel and move up into at least late 20th century technology.....:P

LL

That's the engagement switch. And the surprise jellyfish indicator.

I'm fluent in pictogram

The ring on the outside edge is shiny as indicated in the outward sweeping lines.

Obviously the top middle picture is a jellyfish swimming away at high speed and the subjugated image is of 2 jellyfish striking each other so perhaps it's an interdiction device for when jellyfish are launched at you.

Ever wonder what archeologists are going to think about OUR society in 2000 years?

1 hour ago, Texas Joker said:

That's the engagement switch. And the surprise jellyfish indicator.

I'm fluent in pictogram

The ring on the outside edge is shiny as indicated in the outward sweeping lines.

Obviously the top middle picture is a jellyfish swimming away at high speed and the subjugated image is of 2 jellyfish striking each other so perhaps it's an interdiction device for when jellyfish are launched at you.

Ever wonder what archeologists are going to think about OUR society in 2000 years?

if humanity lasts that long against all the jellyfish attacks.

2 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

They are Catholic, not Baptist.

Growing up Protestant I always got a kick out of the ministers my Dad knew getting all flustered that the Catholic Priest and Catholics in general being a bit to free with the spirits, if ya know what I mean. 
It’s always been my quiet opinion that those boys could have used some of those spirits themselves and maybe keeping their nose in a glass would keep it out of other’s business. ;)

34 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Growing up Protestant I always got a kick out of the ministers my Dad knew getting all flustered that the Catholic Priest and Catholics in general being a bit to free with the spirits, if ya know what I mean. 
It’s always been my quiet opinion that those boys could have used some of those spirits themselves and maybe keeping their nose in a glass would keep it out of other’s business. ;)

Us Holy Catholics, (Anglicans/Church of England) never had a problem with a drink. Or two. Or Three. 

OH Heck! Just leave that bottle of Scotch right there!

When my grandparents got married, about the turn of the century ( not this one! the last one.) My grand father was a German protestant, and my grand mother a French Catholic. The whole town was up in arms about this horrible situation. The plan was to stop the wedding by any means necessary. My grand parents heard about it and went to the church at 5 AM woke up the priest got married and left for the honey moon before anyone knew it. Once the marriage was consummated neither side could do much about it. Now back to the drinking, my grand mother said the priest was still drunk from the night before and she was never realy sure if she was married to my grand father or the best man. 

1 hour ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

When my grandparents got married, about the turn of the century ( not this one! the last one.) My grand father was a German protestant, and my grand mother a French Catholic. The whole town was up in arms about this horrible situation. The plan was to stop the wedding by any means necessary. My grand parents heard about it and went to the church at 5 AM woke up the priest got married and left for the honey moon before anyone knew it. One the marriage was consummated neither side could do much about it. Now back to the drinking, my grand mother said the priest was still drunk from the night before and she was never realy sure if she was married to my grand father or the best man. 

... is this the cause/ reason for your alias ?   :huh:

2021_09_16_09_12_15.jpg.0f5eda1f114006ca337b2808df585ff4.jpg

this seems like a good (I mean bad... yeah, that's what I mean) prank to pull on someone else... reminds me of a couple stories I heard yesterday.  some illegal immigrants had purchased some real id's to get a job.  One guy got his first paycheck and found out his wages had been reduced for child support and the other was arrested for some felony the previous owner of his ID had committed :D

On 9/17/2021 at 6:56 AM, El CupAJoe said:

2021_09_16_09_12_15.jpg.0f5eda1f114006ca337b2808df585ff4.jpg

this seems like a good (I mean bad... yeah, that's what I mean) prank to pull on someone else... reminds me of a couple stories I heard yesterday.  some illegal immigrants had purchased some real id's to get a job.  One guy got his first paycheck and found out his wages had been reduced for child support and the other was arrested for some felony the previous owner of his ID had committed :D

Sounds like justice!

@Father Kit Cool Gun Garthposted this so I checked out this song. 

image.jpeg.41870ea4405625f95ff8a7a2e0a04c83.jpeg

I guess I need to listen to it without watching the music video to see if it really works. The video bugged me because they use lighted drones and all I kept thinking was “man, I hate those things.” :lol:

Here’s the video. 

Archived