SASS Wire Forum

So as not to upset Pat

Alpo

You seen the threads.

"I'm writing a story, and if you wish to comment on the story, comment on it in this thread. Do not comment on it in the story thread."

So let's do that. When you see something in the meme thread that you feel needs a comment, make the comment in this thread. We don't want that aneurysm in Pat's temple to burst 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7ED6B61F-12A8-4A66-AE20-D6FD4F461621.thumb.jpeg.365d099d180108ebb8614c85c7482e17.jpg.b7e8cc49e8ad7ca5ced8cf7feafdd8a1.jpg

Get with the program ROCKS????

What the heck does that mean? Boots would make sense. I've heard that DIs are quite prone to refer to the recruits as maggots.

But "rocks"?

42 minutes ago, Alpo said:

7ED6B61F-12A8-4A66-AE20-D6FD4F461621.thumb.jpeg.365d099d180108ebb8614c85c7482e17.jpg.b7e8cc49e8ad7ca5ced8cf7feafdd8a1.jpg

Get with the program ROCKS????

What the heck does that mean? Boots would make sense. I've heard that DIs are quite prone to refer to the recruits as maggots.

But "rocks"?

In boot camp we were “Rocks” when we screwed up. “Maggots“ when we really screwed up and that meant we got “Mashed” which was lots of push-ups and calisthenics. 

The last week of boot camp our Company Commander called us “Pebbles” - polished rocks. ;)

By the way, Thank you Alpo. :)

Mighty nice of you to be looking out for my health. ;)

Bottles, Alpo’s drinks are on me for the rest of the month! 

12 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Ya know, I'd rather upset Pat and sit back an' watch ................   ;)

Don’t you make me come over there...

Oh, wait...:lol:

Quite honestly, I am waiting for the Mods to lock or remove that meme thread. It’s gotta be taking up a lot of space on a server somewhere. 

The meme thread? That's nothing. Black Harris made a rule about no more than 500 responses in a thread. Then it would be closed. That's why the first word thread #24 says something about "time to roll this over", and another first word thread was started, #25, secure in the knowledge that #24 would be locked. But BH had left the board and the new moderators did not lock it, so now we have two first word threads, each one with responses going into the 20-thousands.

Your 6000 response meme thread is nothing.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Quite honestly, I am waiting for the Mods to lock or remove that meme thread. It’s gotta be taking up a lot of space on a server somewhere. 

I just had a thread evicted guess got a little to much

image.jpeg.a3ada64079ac8a9c64f6b9395c865999.jpg.ec5f44800ee34deb524e052df3fb0683.jpg

Yesterday a little girl was petting Worthless. She looked up at me and said, "I broke up with a boy today".

I said, "How old are you?"

She said, "Seven".

This'll probably work better if you quote the meme you're commenting on in this thread. 

Reminds me of the usenet days.  I recall one newsgroup called alt.binaries.erotica.hamsters.duct-tape.  And there was another one called alt.binaries.erotica.hamsters.duct-tape.d.  Let me explain some of that for those who didn't do usenet.  Alt meant it was weird stuff.  Binaries meant pictures.  a (.d) at the end meant it was for discussion of the main picture group.  Apparently folks have been getting upset about comments in picture threads since the dawn of the internet. 

I don't know what hamsters or duct-tape meant.  I was on a 4800 baud modem, I didn't have time to waste downloading pictures just to satisfy curiosity. 

usenet - now that brings back the old days of the online communities - remember one called talk.politics.guns or something like it. Lots of stats and references thrown around in that thread, cut my teeth on debate (they actually had discussion and debate without all the name calling and virtue signaling and cancelling). That was before I realized most people don't care about information or facts; they just want to follow their feelings and find rationalizations to support them. 

Made me realize that you can only win over the curious and uncommitted who are open to debate and discussion. The only way to win over an antigunner is to provide them information/facts they can check and leave it informational not engaging in debate or challenging them directly. Then if you can get them to go shooting eventually they may become open to change. But becoming open to change is the only way most people ever change their minds about something. 

10 hours ago, watab kid said:

so .... now we have to have a thread to comment on another thread ? just so we dont hurt someones feelings ? 

no offence meant , just askin , 

Nope. @Alpois just being respectful. 
And, I appreciate it. 

OK , i have not followed the other thread nor will i at this point , nor will i revisit this one save for this last thought , i hope we all find a way to get along in the end or at least be civil , again i did not catch the first thread i only caught that we needed a second to avoid the first , 

if im not in line with decorum i apologize , i found it rather disconcerting  

Pat, I am starting to feel your frustration.

Y'all folks is confusing me. I started this thread for one simple reason. If you felt the need to comment on one of the memes in the meme thread, come to this thread, post that meme, and make your comment.

So why are you posting other memes in this thread?

16 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Pat, I am starting to feel your frustration.

Y'all folks is confusing me. I started this thread for one simple reason. If you felt the need to comment on one of the memes in the meme thread, come to this thread, post that meme, and make your comment.

So why are you posting other memes in this thread?

We get side tracked so easily

8 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

17330AFB-1F92-4116-BDC6-49C65B3F53E4.thumb.jpeg.93e2345369c3263837170ddf8ed313e6.jpeg

It wasn't spiderman who said it, it was his uncle Ben.  Maybe technically he has said it, but he was quoting Uncle Ben when he did. 

Oh look it happened to be a pat riot meme that I wanted to comment on. 

Archived