SASS Wire Forum

Shotgun Shells

About 20 years ago, I shot CAS at a long defunct club in Southern MD called, if I remember correctly, St. Charles Sportsmen's Club. Doc Shapiro was one of the match directors and they had really creative stages. One stage he setup had 16 shotgun knockdowns. You could stage ammo on a table, so stupid me brings up a full box and tears the lid off, forgetting to rearrange the shells. What a disaster as I was shooting a double; Duh!

They had stuff like a huge gong hanging out at about 100 yards that you had to shoot while prone and other such neat things. They also had the best lunch I've ever had at a match when they would dole out leftover food from a catered wedding held the day before at their clubhouse. Another time they had fresh caught fried perch (they were near the Chesapeake Bay). Also, breakfast was cooked to order. I lived in Germantown MD at the time and the club was exactly the same distance from my house (66 miles) around the Capital Beltway going left through MD at the I-270 split or right through MD, VA, and then back into MD. Them were the good old days. 

I kinda just shoot them and don’t think about it

CB

11 hours ago, Church Key, SASS # 33713 said:

Doc Shapiro was one of the match directors and they had really creative stages.

To this day, Doc still does some very creative stages here in Sacramento.
Shooting last helps overcome short term memory deficiencies..

19 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Have you even noticed that every other shell in a box is backwards?

Makes loading your double barrel a PITA.

DSC_0004.jpeg

Just another conspiracy to slow down the fast shooters  :D:D:D

regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Did you know that red Bic lighters fit in a shotgun belt, just like a AA shell? Did you also know that they go into a '97 real good, just like a AA shell?

This is where the similarity ends..... the '97 doesn't close and it's a pain in a$$ to get them out......at least, that's what I hear.:ph34r:

This is your public service announcement for today.

I’d think you’d be happy to just find shells regardless of which way they was turned!!

On 4/24/2021 at 7:55 AM, Cypress Sun said:

Did you know that red Bic lighters fit in a shotgun belt, just like a AA shell? Did you also know that they go into a '97 real good, just like a AA shell?

This is where the similarity ends..... the '97 doesn't close and it's a pain in a$$ to get them out......at least, that's what I hear.:ph34r:

This is your public service announcement for today.

Years ago a guy at our club was selling screwdrivers in the shape of a shot shell that you could carry in your belt. Pretty innovative idea and it looked cool too. 
These could fit into the chamber of an open SxS just fine. The gun wouldn’t close though, so firing wasn’t an option...:blink:

My screwdriver went in the box from them on. 

Optimists believe half the shells are pointing the correct direction.  Pessimists believe half the shells are backwards.

Search your innermost being.  The answer will reveal the true you.

Archived