SASS Wire Forum

Info for 5-gun raffle ticket buyers

Hellbender

If you're reading this you are either someone who bought 1 or more of the 1,000 5-gun raffle tickets or are just curious to see what I'm going to say to those who did!

The drawing of the 5 winning tickets will be on May 22 at the Up the Creek Gang's cowboy town under construction in Lake Charles, Louisiana during our annual membership meeting.  As you already know, you do not have to be present to win.

A video will be made of the drawing and put here on the Wire later that same day.  That video will include the drawing of each winning ticket and a call out of the name on that ticket, followed by a close-up of the ticket where you can see the name that was just announced.

The day before the drawing I will post a head's up reminder here on the Wire so you can be on the look out for it the next day.  You can watch the video to see if you are among those lucky winners and know to expect a phone call from me.  If you're the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th place winner, there probably will be some delay before you hear from me because I first must make contact with the #1 winner to find out which of the guns they want before I call the #2 winner, and so on down the line. That way, when I do call you I can let you know which guns you can choose from (but of course the 5th place winner will automatically win the one remaining gun from among the 5 that have not already been claimed).

This raffle has been a tremendous help to us in our cowboy town rebuilding fundraiser, raising $10,000, which is approximately 1/3 of all the money we have raised to date.  From time to time I'll continue to post photos of our progress.  Thank you all for helping us recover from that devastating hurricane and good luck to everybody!

Cordially,

Hellbender

President & Secretary, Up the Creek Gang

56 minutes ago, Dream Chaser, SASS #79316 said:

Hoping to hear from you that day.  What will be the area code?  Try not to answer those extended warranty calls

It will be from area code 337.  You're so lucky you probably will get a call from me!  [and just to be clear, there will be no extended warranty on those guns :lol:]

You're welcome!

Here's a before and after photo of what we us got done at our work party this morning to extend the growing town past the first few stages that are already decked.

IMG_2478.jpeg

IMG_2495.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Don't look like the flooding has completely subsided yet.  Are you sure you aint jumping the gun? 

Or is this more of a swamptown than a cowtown? 

Naw, we just had a heavy thunderstorm last night and that area downrange near the targets is a low spot that always fills with water and holds it for days (weeks sometimes) after a big rain.  We didn't have flooding up at the town except during Hurricane Delta, 6 weeks after Hurricane Laura.  Laura didn't flood us at all, it just destroyed the town.  Here's a photo I took after Hurricane Delta.  This was the one stage that wasn't completely destroyed by Laura, but most of its supports were broken and the building was so wobbly we had to demolish it.

IMG_8967.jpeg

Archived