SASS Wire Forum

Load data info needed

Black RZR

Anybody got data that works for them for Hogdon International powder. I know it says it's for 12 or 20. Other forums have said it's comparable to green dot. I just way someone to give me a load that works in 45 Colt 200 RNFP and 38 Special 125 or 130 RNFP. I normally shoot trail boss but powder is getting slim. I normally load 5.5 in the 45 and 3.7 in 38 that is in trail boss. So that's the idea of where my power factor is....

On the Hodgdon reloading site, International powder is not listed for 45 colt or 38 Spl. On the International container I have, it states that it is for hotter 12 ga. loads.

Yeah manufacturer do list specific things to cover there ass...I know someone out there has had to have tried it and made it work safely.

RZR

On my Powder Burn Rate Chart - fastest to slowest, Hodgdon International is # 20.  Green Dot has just a tad slower burn rate and is #21.  Your info on green dot is correct.  I would not hesitate to use it following the green dot load data , just reduce it  just a bit and fire a few test rounds.

GRIZZ

Archived