SASS Wire Forum

Working on a project and have a need

I'm working on a project and I need 12 - 38 special rounds and they can't be the 357mag.  I'm willing to pay for them if someone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Please shoot me a PM if you can help me

Thanks - Charlie

Separate from shipping regulations, there are excise taxes for manufacturing (defined as the assembly of two or more components of ammunition).

But I doubt there would be a problem with one pard helping another pard with a project, just recommend F2F without complications of shipping and DOT regulations. (IANAL)

If it were me, I might offer a lunch or something else as thanks for the project rather than actual payment for a service or product. Just keep it at the hobby level and as far away from commercial definitions as possible!

And within the law, and do it by PM as the OP requests.

On 2nd edit: If you were near me and commercial FMJ rounds would do, I would gladly help you out since I do have those.

11 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Separate from shipping regulations, there are excise taxes for manufacturing (defined as the assembly of two or more components of ammunition).

But I doubt there would be a problem with one pard helping another pard with a project, just recommend F2F without complications of shipping and DOT regulations. (IANAL)

If it were me, I might offer a lunch or something else as thanks for the project rather than actual payment for a service or product. Just keep it at the hobby level and as far away from commercial definitions as possible!

Maybe you need a Snicker's bar!

Sent you a PM about 12 rounds.

I just had someone reached out to me and this has been taken care of; but, I appreciate everyone here who was trying to help me out.  It's awesome to know we have so many great Pards out there....Thanks again everyone

Charlie

Coming your way Monday by UPS.

On 4/22/2021 at 8:15 PM, John Kloehr said:

On 2nd edit: If you were near me and commercial FMJ rounds would do, I would gladly help you out since I do have those.

I am so tempted to spit out a “cuz law just don’t go around here!”  But I will refrain.

26 minutes ago, Yohanaqua said:

I am so tempted to spit out a “cuz law just don’t go around here!”  But I will refrain.

Maybe I'm reading your response wrong, but the law does go around here. And there are two parts to the concept.

First, do not violate the letter of the law, because that leads to charges, fines, and jail time. None of us want that, not even by accident or through ignorance.

Second, do not violate the spirit of the law, because that leads to criminals getting firearms. This one just is not likely on this forum, and none of us want that either.

Tongue in cheek, lad. Tongue in cheek!  

Just trying to exercise a bit of Tombstone movie humor.  Sorry if it offended. I hope most of us are aware of rules and regs regarding the shipping of ammunition and sich through ye old post office.  Lighten up, my brother!

ML

17 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

OK, peace and lightness back to you. Sometimes words don't show the motivation behind them.

Again, sorry for any misunderstanding. Perhaps the quote “Law and order every time, that’s us.”  would have been more appropriate than my first choice.  Turkey Creek JJ is a better spokesman than Ike C any day.

Good bantering with you and wishing you happy trails.

ML

What I find amazing is how some jump to a conclusion that things will not be done in a proper way without knowing or asking for all the facts.  They just jump right in with what is and is not allowed assuming the rest of us are not going to do the right thing.  Makes me wonder if that is where they go and so assume that is what everyone else does; why else would they not wait until ask? Also, Yohanaqua, I got the humor and reference of your comment right off the bat; I also appreciated it. 

Archived