SASS Wire Forum

what countries are represented in your gun safe?

Snakejaw_Joe

On 4/22/2021 at 11:57 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Might that be a Weatherby?  :)

Nope and I didn't know they were made in cali.  I have an FMK9 which is billed as the California Glock.  Doesn't look any more like a glock to me than a springfield XD in my opinon, but as it turns out I dislike it just as much as I dislike any glock so I guess the moniker fits. 

currently -

US 

England 

Canada 

Czeck Republic 

Brazil 

China 

Russia

Italy

Turkey

Poland 

might be another i cannot think of off hand ,

there were over a half dozen others at one time  over the last few decades but i sold and traded those -

Austria

Belgium 

Sweden

Germany

Japan

Australia

India

Pakistan

and still might have been a few others once upon a time 

couple i might like back but is what it is , 

11 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Nope and I didn't know they were made in cali.  I have an FMK9 which is billed as the California Glock.  Doesn't look any more like a glock to me than a springfield XD in my opinon, but as it turns out I dislike it just as much as I dislike any glock so I guess the moniker fits. 

Weatherby's - most Weatherby's - were built in South Gate, in Southern California, for many years.  The firm later moved to Atascaro/Paso Robles, near the Central Coast and remained for something like thirty years.

In 2018 they packed up and left California for Sheridan, Wyoming.  

USA

Austria

Brazil

Czehoslovakia

Germany

Italy 

One of the USA guns is a clone of a HK-91; since, imported "evil black rifles were banned in 1999.  I didn't want to pay a $2000+ premium for a used HK-91.  Besides It came with a pic rail.  My Inland M1 Carbine came to me buy way of Ethiopia.

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

Pakistan makes guns? I thought all they made was cheap crappy knives.

I'm sure they make AKs now, but when I think of any middle eastern gun I think of stuff like this.  Can't remember what they are called?  Trade Rifles?  I know that's what they called the guns they traded to Indians in America so it's probably something else. 

ANTIQUE MIDDLE EASTERN MUSKET – Lofty Marketplace

That's a jezal (I'm sure I spelled that wrong). Bedouin flintlock made to be fired while riding a camel. I've heard that that funky stock was supposed to be clamped underneath your arm, but then I've also heard that that funky stock was supposed to be put up against your chest. I don't know how they shoot them.

Archived