SASS Wire Forum

A little sad (sharing a memory)

I'm sharing a little sadness with my Wire pards.

I grew up with a handful of 'buddys'.   From bed babies at Church, there was Eddie, Joe, Denny and ME.

Later, at the age of 4, my family moved and another 'buddy' became a life long friend..... Charlie.

Eddie, Joe, Denny and Charlie were my bestest friends all thru our teen years.  School and Church, we

were friends.   Great friends.   Never lied nor cheated one another.  Shared secrets about our girlfriends, etc.

A couple years back, Denny and Charlie passed away.   Then Joe.   Yesterday, Eddie passed away.

Of us 5 close friends, I'm the last one to type this farewell to those who were a blessing to me when I needed

it most.  Those whom I could trust.  Those whom I played music with, played baseball, football, and

all those other things we do as kids and teens.

They were the friends you shared your one bottle of Pepsi, RC, Coke, Nehi, Root Beer or Dr.Pepper.

They were probably as good a friends as God could grant anyone, of which I was always thankful.

Good Bye my Friends.   You were all The Best.

..........Widder

My deepest condolences.  You were blessed to have had been lucky enough to have had such good friends and I’m sure it’s like losing a brother.  May God grant you and Eddie’s family peace during this time of grief. 

Widder!

I understand and I share your sadness. A number of my musician friends have recently passed.  

I’ve been fortunate to have renewed friendships with a couple of high school friends because of my involvement in music!!

I miss a few friends who have completed their journey and hope to see them again when I get to the end of the road.

In the meantime, I am glad to have made new friends like you to share the rest of the adventure with.

Widder, sorry for your loss. 

I am in my mid-50s and also have to too many funerals of the friends that I went to school with, primed tobacco with, marched beside in band and chased girls with.  I have pleaded with two to take better care of themselves as we can have some impact on how long we are vertical and ventilating.

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I'm sharing a little sadness with my Wire pards.

I grew up with a handful of 'buddys'.   From bed babies at Church, there was Eddie, Joe, Denny and ME.

Later, at the age of 4, my family moved and another 'buddy' became a life long friend..... Charlie.

Eddie, Joe, Denny and Charlie were my bestest friends all thru our teen years.  School and Church, we

were friends.   Great friends.   Never lied nor cheated one another.  Shared secrets about our girlfriends, etc.

A couple years back, Denny and Charlie passed away.   Then Joe.   Yesterday, Eddie passed away.

Of us 5 close friends, I'm the last one to type this farewell to those who were a blessing to me when I needed

it most.  Those whom I could trust.  Those whom I played music with, played baseball, football, and

all those other things we do as kids and teens.

They were the friends you shared your one bottle of Pepsi, RC, Coke, Nehi, Root Beer or Dr.Pepper.

They were probably as good a friends as God could grant anyone, of which I was always thankful.

Good Bye my Friends.   You were all The Best.

..........Widder

Prayers, Widder.

Bittersweet times!

This past week would have been our youngest grandson's 2nd birthday.

Keep the faith for reunion...that keeps me going.

Long term friends Are the BEST kind !!!

And I am indeed blessed .

I two have lost some, too many but I have been blessed to have some new Friends, in the CAS game ..

With plenty of them going back over 20 years ... 

So Widder you are not alone, but it is the better to be the one left sending them of to the other side ..

Jabez Cowboy

I’m thinking of doing a Tontine for a bottle of fine spirits with two old army buddies.

Widder,

I feel for you, Sir. My deepest and most sincere condolences to you. 
I lost my childhood best friend years ago. I still enjoy the memories of the times we had. Still makes me laugh and brings a smile to my face. 

PR

"Some we loved

The dearest and the best

That time and fate of all their vintage pressed

Have drained their cup a round or two before

And one by one passed silently to rest."

God Be With You

Duffield

Prayers for you my friend.

"Make new friends,

but keep the old.

For one is silver

the other gold."

sorry to hear this , i know what your saying i lost one of my childhood friends late last year , we never forget those people evn when life takes us far apart 

Sorry for your loss Widder, I have lots of friends but real mates don't happen a lot.

My bestest mate passed in 2017..I miss him , the memories help.

Condolences, Widder. I've lost a lot of the people I worked with for a long time. Not sure about the ones I grew up with, we're kinda scattered to the four winds. At the moment, there's only two of them that I know are with us, and I only talk to one regularly:(:blush:

Widder, your post reminds me of the MASH episode in which Colonel Potter shared a bottle with his new friends after learning the last of his old army buddies had passed.  Utah Bob has the right idea.  Toast your friends on their final journey.  Root beer floats if that’s appropriate.

;)

I lost two of my best friends, one was my cousin Jimmy 6 years ago and another best friend Flory 3 years ago. It's tough losing long time good friends!

Prayers and thinking of you Widder. Mine have all left us as well. On a good note however, we were visited by my wife's best friend since she was 2 years old yesterday.

Archived