SASS Wire Forum

The joys of the Internet

DeaconKC

Well, our Internet crashed Friday morning while the Missus was working [from home still]. Numerous calls to Outer Goathumpistan customer service [?] and was lied to many times. Finally got a hold of someone Stateside and two service guys out two days in a row, and FINALLY got the thing working again this afternoon. Yeesh...

So?

.......What was the problemo?

Cat Brules

1 hour ago, Cat Brules said:

So?

.......What was the problemo?

Cat Brules

Waiting on the answer to Cat's question...

2 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

The WiFi was unpluged.:P

That happened to me. The Ethernet cord wasn’t inserted all the way. Called cable company and was told no one could come out for two days. 
While fooling with the WiFi after I got off the call the cable snapped into place and a minute later WALLAH! We had connection. That’s when my wife said “I wonder if that happened when I was vacuuming? :blink:

She had moved the stand with our WiFi and cable box and didn’t quite plug it back together very well. :rolleyes:

Evidently the connection near the road had gotten wet and it finally putzed out. So they had to try to rerun the wire, which hung up in the old conduit, so we are waiting now for them to come and rebury the cable. They replaced everything inside and then the software would not merge with the new equipment. Yeesh...

I remember seeing a story about a lengthy conversation between IT and a user with a dead computer.
He walked her through all sorts of steps, then finally asked her to check if it was plugged into the wall power socket.
She replied she can't see it because the building power went out.

Archived