SASS Wire Forum

Pretty, Pretty

Subdeacon Joe

Hmmm... I think Injun and JBar may both be correct.  The pregnant whale boot is un-Morgan like, and closer to a kit car 1937 Jag design; the seperate chrome headlight cans do not resemble Morgan designs, which aerodynamically integrated the lights into swept back body colored cowlings; the seperate brake light assembly and flat bar chrome bumpers are not Morgan style, and are closer to hardware items commonly used by kit car builders;  the door cutdown is fully rounded at the bottom, unlike the Morgan, which  is interrupted at the rear edge by a rising body panel.  My vote goes to the kit car analysis.

Images posted below of (1) Morgan and (2) 1937 Jag kit car.

LL

home-plus-six.jpg

1937-jaguar-ss100-replica-kit-car-vw-chassis-1.jpg

It slightly out of focus in the first picture, but you blow the second two up big enough you can clearly see that pouncing puma :P hood ornament. Real or Kit, I got no idea. But I'm going to have to agree with the others about Jaguar.

Kit replica of Jaguar SS100. How do you like the spare tire...."Remington"?

I thought "Kit!" as soon as I saw the wooden dash - fairly plain piece of wood, with a "home-finished, add-on" look.  Then I immediately looked at the exhaust pipes - pre-catalytic converter VW.

Some of those old VW kit cars were pretty cool... and some were downright absurd.  :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I saw this on my way home from work today.   I wasn't able to get along side.

Don't you just hate it when you want to check out a ride, but you can't catch up to it because all the idiots in your lane suddenly decide to slow down?

28 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Don't you just hate it when you want to check out a ride, but you can't catch up to it because all the idiots in your lane suddenly decide to slow down?

And the one time you WANT the light to be red and take forever to change.

22 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

At least to me on the body right of the spare tire it looks like a strip of LED lights are frenched in.   

Those are period correct LEDs.

18 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It’s a Morgan. Made in Britain. Cool cars. They have wooden frames. 

Looks like the wheelbase is much too long and the wheels are much too big.  I agree with the replica.

Archived