SASS Wire Forum

Question for people that are or were in the military within say the last 5 years

Alpo

How old are kids nowadays before they get their dependent ID card? You had to be 11 when I got mine, back in 66.

But I got my social security card in the ninth grade. That was normal. Kids of about 14 or 15 might be starting to work, and would need a social security card.

But I discovered, after I got married and had young'uns of my own, that kids nowadays get there social security cards when they are born.

So times change. Maybe the age for dependent cards also changed.

I'm going back a bit further than five years, but I became a single parent during the middle of my Army career and there was an exception to get my 3 and 5 year old kids issued ID cards because I was a single parent and there was some additional need for identification with various things, such as day care, others watching for my kids if I had to be out of town, etc.

MODERATORS!  MODERATORS!!

I'm claiming a SASS rules violation for age discrimination!

I retired from the Army 32 years ago and have been age discriminated upon because I haven't been in the military in the last 5 years!!

;)

1 minute ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

MODERATORS!  MODERATORS!!

I'm claiming a SASS rules violation for age discrimination!

I retired from the Army 32 years ago and have been age discriminated upon because I haven't been in the military in the last 5 years!!

;)

We need reparations!!

For various reasons having to do with financial matters, both our daughters had social security numbers/cards issued within a week after being born.  That was 47 and 53 years ago!  I think their kids had the cards and numbers issued right after they were born.  Don't recall when I was issued the number, but it was quite a while ago.  I do remember when the Air Force switched over from serial numbers to SS around 1967 or so.

Stay well and safe, Pards!

Archived