SASS Wire Forum

A perfect example of why it's a waste of time to write to a democrat

Senator Mark Kelly (nocontact@kelly.senate.gov)To:you Details
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Foutreach.senate.g

Dear Bradley,

Thank you for contacting me about support for the second amendment and gun safety regulations. It is an honor to represent Arizona in the United States Senate, and I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on the issues facing our state and our country. Hearing from Arizonans helps me better serve our state, and I hope you will continue to share your perspective and suggestions.

Too many Arizonans experience the pain and trauma that comes with gun violence. The Fatal and Nonfatal Injury Reports released by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in March 2020, estimated that over one million Americans had been shot in the past decade. Arizona sees a yearly average of 244 gun homicides, 669 firearms suicides, 582 nonfatal shootings, and 553 accidental shootings. As a gun owner and spouse of a gun violence victim, I am committed to protecting Arizonans with common-sense gun laws that improve safety and are compatible with the traditions and rights granted to bear firearms, such as universal background checks, laws to keep guns out of the hands of stalkers and domestic abusers, and increased funding for mental health programs to reduce the number of suicides by firearms. 

While some argue that gun safety legislation could infringe on the rights granted by the 2nd Amendment, others assert that common-sense gun laws prevent unnecessary violence and tragedy. All Arizonans can agree that too many lives are lost to gun violence each year. As Arizona’s senator, I’m committed to fighting to protect Arizona kids and communities from gun violence and will work with Republicans and Democrats to protect our rights and traditions while keeping our communities safe from gun violence.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this issue, and I hope you will continue to contact my office with any future comments or questions. I am committed to being transparent and accountable with all Arizonans, which is why I release my public schedule every week at Kelly.senate.gov. There you can also learn more about my work as Arizona's senator.

Sincerely,
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Foutreach.senate.g
Mark Kelly
United States Senator

PF

Mr. Giffords is like lots of today’s politicians!  He actually has nothing against guns. What he’s opposed to is regular folks like US having guns!!  It’s not about gun control at all, other than controlling who has guns and who doesn’t.

To him, it’s all about power!

Just think of all the ink/ time/ bandwidth I save by living in California ~ it would be a more productive use of my time watching a tree grow than sending my opinion off to either of my senators or congressman.

Over the years I've actually had opportunities to speak with a number of politicians in this state - and to a person, the non-D's were receptive and encouraging.  And too often were voted out after our conversations.  :(

The best responses I've ever gotten from a D was double-speak, at best.

Back in the early 1970's ('71?) I was approached by none other than Diane Feinstein herself in Stonestown Shopping Center in SF, as she was glad-handing in her first mayoral campaign (she lost).  Even back then, with her teen-aged daughter (later Superior Court Presiding Judge) looking on, bored stiff, I asked about her stance on gun control.  And even back then, she expressed an "anti-" mindset.  Which later became quite rabid, as we know all too well. 

Larsen,

I knew precisely what he would say and his views on the subject. He explained his position very clearly from the day he decided to run. I wanted to get on record with him regarding my views. I tried to appeal to his sense of propriety regarding the Constitution and how many times he had taken the oath to protect and defend, not only as a Senator, but also as a Naval Officer. Didn't work; he's a committed gun stealer. He's using his wife just as Sarah Brady used her husband. Oh well, at least I can say I tried.

PF

Archived