SASS Wire Forum

SPF Rossi 92 puma 20” SPF

Rossi 92 —-   $650 + shipping to your ffl. 

I have not shot this rifle for 5-6 years because of my marlin addiction, so it is on the herd thinning list.

It is stock as far as i know, never been cowboy’d,,but is smooth feeling action.  I shot it this morning to remember stuff. 357 fed great, the only 38 spec i have catches and does not feed perfectly. It is a very short round round nose 125gn that i reload. Run lever faster and it feeds, but can feel it catching.  Needs different bullet type that i do not have. 

Rifle is in good shape. Light scratches on right side that are much harder to see in person. I had to work hard with lights to make them show up in the pics like they do. 

This gun was made before the “ugly safety on top” rifle, so no safety staring at you. Wood is in very good shape, dark colored. Will take closeup pics of anything you desire. 

First i’ll take it here. Make sure your ffl takes shipments from non-ffl.

I will not list anywhere else for 2 days.

46B0A3F1-CAB3-40E9-BB5F-6969839FC299.jpeg

51555F09-E4E1-437C-9420-6E34C4D66E6D.jpeg

I saw one of these sell less than two weeks ago on Gunbroker for $1127 + shipping/ins, and not quite in as good condition. 

I figured out what the cat was right away, but I guess now I'm surprised that I've never seen one of those before.  Maybe everybody's pics of '92's were from the right.  :)

I'm a little surprised nobody has snapped it up yet.  If it had been a 44-40 at that price it would be mine.

1 hour ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

I figured out what the cat was right away, but I guess now I'm surprised that I've never seen one of those before.  Maybe everybody's pics of '92's were from the right.  :)

I'm a little surprised nobody has snapped it up yet.  If it had been a 44-40 at that price it would be mine.

The very few Puma's I've seen were in .357, but I've read of one in .44-40. That said, there's an older, pre-safety Interarms/Rossi .44-40 round barrel carbine on Gunbroker with a starting bid of $750, no bids yet, and 18 hours to go. If you don't snag that one, I've got an identical one in VG+ condition you might be interested in.

That is a fantastic price for that model and being the old style Puma 92.

I still have the same model. shoots strictly .38's.

Archived