SASS Wire Forum

WTB 1858 Remington/Found one

TNtrapper

TNtrapper, I have a pair of Pietta 1858 8” barrels ($500 for the pair) , a pair of Pietta 1858 12” barrels ($600 for the pair) and [ (SPF)2 conversion cylinders $300 for the pair.]  These were going to be my Jose Wales guns.  I will only sell as sets.

private message me if interested and I’ll send pics

That’s a very fair price for the sets! I’m really looking for shorter barrels though . I appreciate the offer .:D

27 minutes ago, TNtrapper said:

That’s a very fair price for the sets! I’m really looking for shorter barrels though . I appreciate the offer .:D

No problem. My family is from lake city and Johnson city. I graduated from Harrison Chilhowie Baptist academy. Retired in Kentucky. We share some ground. Good luck in your search .  Maybe I’ll be shooting again and get to wartrace and see old friends

1 hour ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

No problem. My family is from lake city and Johnson city. I graduated from Harrison Chilhowie Baptist academy. Retired in Kentucky. We share some ground. Good luck in your search .  Maybe I’ll be shooting again and get to wartrace and see old friends

Yessir! Been there to Johnston City several times. Pretty country over there. I’m over on the west side between the rivers.:D

Trapper I may have what you are looking for. I have a pair of 58 Navy's in 36cal. with 5 1/2 or 6" bbl's. can't remember. I got some spare parts to go with them also like hammer and springs. PM me your Phone No. and I will send you some pictures.

Rusty

Taylors and Co just announced their Aces model, 3" barrel, no loading lever... maybe you can pre-order those?

• TNtrapper changed the title to WTB 1858 Remington/Found one
2 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

Aren't brass frames a no no with conversion cylinders?

Well, I’ve heard that after I got into this. However, I never loaded black powder beyond what I would load in the cylinder. I’ve shot at least 50 rounds at less than what most would load in the cylinder. I personally never had a problem. But please do not take my words as gospel, confer to the experts.  Beside the cylinders are for sale separate form the pistols. YOU take your chances the minute you load your own. 

• 5 weeks later...

Howdy Tennessee Trapper Tom,

Do you still have the conversion cylinders for the 1858?  

I'd assume they are  .44 round ball black powder to .45LC black powder. 

How about any of the other things you listed?

You interested in any kind of trade - or you just don't want/need them any more?

Please let me know, we might be interested.

Thanks

Ranger Mike 

Archived