SASS Wire Forum

Delete

Will Kane

Side bar here? In shooting my first couple sass matches I could not help but want to shoot my cap and ball sets Sooooo....... Is the extra cylinders to help pre load and adapt to quicker stage transition times?

2 hours ago, The O'Meara said:

Side bar here? In shooting my first couple sass matches I could not help but want to shoot my cap and ball sets Sooooo....... Is the extra cylinders to help pre load and adapt to quicker stage transition times?

If you think about it yes and no.  If you have 2 extra cylinders you’d have your first 2 stages covered so you’d need spare cylinders for every stage, too expensive for me anyway.  Practice loading and find what works best for you, I can load both guns in the time it takes for 2-3 average shooter to finish the stage.  YMMV 

• Will Kane changed the title to WTB Pietta 1858 New Model Army .44 caliber cylinder
13 hours ago, The O'Meara said:

I like, and you can try paper cartridges, load them up beforehand, stuff your ball, lube, and powder all in as one packet, ram and cap, pretty fast, Cap and ball guns don't take long to show clear at the unloading table.  Alternatively, if you don't want to make the paper cartridges, you can have the preloaded tubes of powder and balls, a little more time consuming to put in the gun, but less time to assemble before the match.  remember, you can have everything complete except for capping before you go to the loading table, so you should only have to take your rifle rounds, shot shells and caps to the table if you charge the cylinders at your cart.

Thanks, Rusty. It sure is a beauty! I already have a pair of sheriff’s models, so I’m not in the market for another pistola right now. I’m just looking for one more extra cylinder. 

Archived