SASS Wire Forum

Gun Control Group Argues That The 2nd Amendment Has An Expiration Date

Charlie T Waite

http://www.clergyinsupportofthe2ndamendment.org/images/ANTI-GUN%20BILLBOARD.pngTheir Argument Could Be Used Against The Whole Bill Of Rights

Why I Fight For The 2nd Amendment

Set your emotions aside for a moment and think.  The Bill of Rights is not a regulation - it is what secures our God given freedoms.  It has proven remarkably adaptable.  The 1st Amendment secures my right to post this free of government interference – even though no one in 1791 could have imagined the internet.  Police need a warrant to examine my cell phone records, because of the 4th Amendment, even though no one in 1791 could have imagined cell phones.  The 1st Amendment protects the right of churches and other religious organizations to broadcast their services, even though broadcasting was unheard of in 1791.   So I have to ask, which of these rights does this person want eliminated?  It’s a reasonable question, since the argument put forth works just as well against any of them.

After all this person or organization is attacking the one Amendment that the founding fathers put in place specifically to protect all the others: The 2nd Amendment.  Once it is gone, the states and the people would have no means to resist a government that decided to violate all their rights.

How has the 2nd Amendment been applied by the Supreme Court in the modern era?  The principle, set forth in the high court’s 2008 Heller decision is simple: If a weapon is in COMMON USE for lawful purposes, that weapon is protected by the 2nd Amendment.  So, the 2nd Amendment – according to SCOTUS – does not protect the right to own machine guns, cannons, fully armed tanks or nukes.  However, it does protect the right to own handguns – even though they are the most common murder weapon – because they are in common use for a wide variety of lawful purposes.  It clearly also protects semi-automatic rifles, because they are by far the most popular rifles in the US and have been for decades.  The Supreme Court has simply applied the same principles that have governed all the other rights secured in the Bill of Rights.

What gun control groups want is for the Supreme Court to simply decide that the 2nd Amendment is “obsolete” and ignore it.  Here is an editorial arguing for just that. If they succeed in packing the Supreme Court this is exactly what a political high court will do.  If they can do this to the 2nd Amendment, they can do it ANY OF YOUR RIGHTS.

Do you really think they will not limit religious freedom?  The left already speaks of “freedom of worship” – not freedom of religion.  There is a HUGE difference.  Do you think that an all powerful state will stop there?  No other government – unrestrained by constitutional limits – ever has.

One last question: Do you think that the American people – including millions of combat veterans – are going to simply hand over their guns when they know from history where this is going?  Do you think that all the states are going to sit by and let this happen?  Many states are already making it clear that they won’t.  Is getting rid of the 2nd Amendment worth sparking a civil war that no one would really win?

I don’t want to see this kind of a disaster and that is why I fight so hard to preserve the 2nd Amendment.

Rev. R. Vincent Warde
4-17-2021

This is what I and Colonel Dan before me have been trying to tell everyone.  But maybe since this comes from a Minister more people might (I said might) listen.  I will say this though, something better start waking people up (and I don't mean PC WOKE), I know a lot of of combat veterans and law enforcement officers and I can tell you for sure that the majority are not going to simply hand over their guns because as the minister said "they know from history where this is going."  Also, many states are already making it clear that they are not going to allow "Federal Government Overreach" by some of the laws they are passing.  The minister does ask a legitimate question in "Is getting rid of the 2nd Amendment worth sparking a civil war that no one would really win?".  The anti-gunners think it is, they have openly said so; they think that only a few will stand up to them and that it will be over quickly.  Isn't that what was thought up until April 12, 1861.  Didn't it start out the same way e.g. it was the culmination of the struggle between the advocates and opponents of slavery.  which dated from the founding of the United States. This sectional conflict between Northern states and slaveholding Southern states had been tempered by a series of political compromises  until the southern states seceded to form the Confederate States of America.  What have we been doing?  Hasn't there been a series of political compromises which have tempered the issue until now?  If you don't think it spark a civil war then you are sadly mistaken and blind to what is going on in our country.  Many Active duty military, veterans and law enforcement friends have told me they see it coming if something doesn't drastically change and our elected officials don't start listening to the people. 

Just some scary food for thought.

32 minutes ago, Charlie T Waite said:

This is what I and Colonel Dan before me have been trying to tell everyone.  But maybe since this comes from a Minister more people might (I said might) listen.  I will say this though, something better start waking people up (and I don't mean PC WOKE), I know a lot of of combat veterans and law enforcement officers and I can tell you for sure that the majority are not going to simply hand over their guns because as the minister said "they know from history where this is going."  Also, many states are already making it clear that they are not going to allow "Federal Government Overreach" by some of the laws they are passing.  The minister does ask a legitimate question in "Is getting rid of the 2nd Amendment worth sparking a civil war that no one would really win?".  The anti-gunners think it is, they have openly said so; they think that only a few will stand up to them and that it will be over quickly.  Isn't that what was thought up until April 12, 1861.  Didn't it start out the same way e.g. it was the culmination of the struggle between the advocates and opponents of slavery.  which dated from the founding of the United States. This sectional conflict between Northern states and slaveholding Southern states had been tempered by a series of political compromises  until the southern states seceded to form the Confederate States of America.  What have we been doing?  Hasn't there been a series of political compromises which have tempered the issue until now?  If you don't think it spark a civil war then you are sadly mistaken and blind to what is going on in our country.  Many Active duty military, veterans and law enforcement friends have told me they see it coming if something doesn't drastically change and our elected officials don't start listening to the people. 

Just some scary food for thought.

Being a vet, I can't begin to say how ashen the thought of civil war is to me. I'm truly astonished at how quickly folks are to jump to that option.

Yet we have people that fully subscribe to opinions like this that are completely erroneous to fuel their righteous enlightenment. 

https://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/story/opinion/2021/04/19/op-ed-enacting-stricter-gun-laws-morally-right-thing-do/7254135002/

Sorry if that was something that's been posted here already. I'm a lil over caffeinated on a Monday. 

Where do these people get their numbers? 300,000 without a background check woulds seem like an awful lot of private sales. And how would 75K with red flags get them. Not buying into ithere. JMHO:(

33 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Being a vet, I can't begin to say how ashen the thought of civil war is to me. I'm truly astonished at how quickly folks are to jump to that option.

Yet we have people that fully subscribe to opinions like this that are completely erroneous to fuel their righteous enlightenment. 

https://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/story/opinion/2021/04/19/op-ed-enacting-stricter-gun-laws-morally-right-thing-do/7254135002/

Sorry if that was something that's been posted here already. I'm a lil over caffeinated on a Monday. 

I totally agree with you about how the thought of it scares the hell out of me as well Hendo.  Most vets and law enforcement cringe at the thought too.  Problem is the ones wanting it don't know what they're saying.  I haven't jumped to any conclusions, just stating what I read and hear; an hoping that common sense will prevail.  

9 minutes ago, Charlie T Waite said:

I totally agree with you about how the thought of it scares the hell out of me as well Hendo.  Most vets and law enforcement cringe at the thought too.  Problem is the ones wanting it don't know what they're saying.  I haven't jumped to any conclusions, just stating what I read and hear; an hoping that common sense will prevail.  

I didn't mean to imply that you had, Amigo. Black Rifle Coffee is probably making my fingers faster than my brain. Or, the other way around.

I'm completely on board with you, just don't always have the words.

9 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I didn't mean to imply that you had, Amigo. Black Rifle Coffee is probably making my fingers faster than my brain. Or, the other way around.

I'm completely on board with you, just don't always have the words.

I don't have the words either

I didn't know anyone was listening....:rolleyes:

As distasteful, disheartening, and unacceptable as the idea of revolt or rebellion is to most sensible people, there’s a very real possibility of some form of open conflict if we’re subjected to the kind of assault on our rights that the current administration seems to be determined to commit!

The flip side of this coin is the likelihood that many many of those who would lose their rights will allow it to happen without so much as a shake of a fist or vocal complaint!!

Archived