SASS Wire Forum

WTB SKS stripper clips

I found Mauser clips, Enfield clips, 5.56mm clips but only two SKS clips. If I run into more, which I know are here somewheres..... I'll give a shout. 

Your welcome to them.

On 4/18/2021 at 11:42 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Just found out they will work for my Remington 81 and my new  / old Model 1908 Mannlicher.

I'd like to find a dozen or so.

Message me if you can help.

Thanks.

Thats good to know!   What caliber is your 81?

5 hours ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

Thats good to know!   What caliber is your 81?

My dad bought it from a man he worked with in Oregon for the Fraser River Lumber Company (a Canadian outfit) by the name of Arch Simms.  The gun was made in 1923, Dad got it in 1937, I bought it from him in 1965 when I graduated from college.  I also got  Stevens 520 (?) 12 gauge pump gun at the same time.  Dad also bought it from Simms at the same time he got the Remington.

Total cost for the two guns and a foot locker full of ammo was $15.00, a princely sum at the time.   I had the Remington totally refurbished about two years ago and she's the pride of my collection.  The Stevens is just  very handsome, but internally suffering wall hanger.  There's a man here I knew in California who is a whiz with Browning designed guns, and I might have he refurb the shotgun, too.

I have a bunch (20 or so) that I bought a few years back, but are just gathering dust because I bought a couple of the 30 round external magazines.  PM me your address & I will send them to you.

Holler

Archived