SASS Wire Forum

Carmax- selling a car

JD Lud

If you are sitting on a used, no longer needed car and don’t want to hassle selling to private party tire kicker lowballers now may be your time to shine....

Was looking at trading in my Hybrid minivan and couldn’t get dealers to give me more than “x” even though book showed quite a bit more.  I filled out that Carmax 2 minute quote online to sell then my car and it was 5,600 more than the highest dealer offered...drive it down there and they are writing me a check with about zero hassle as we speak.

basically with the insane used car prices the value was way up, almost to what I paid for it 2.5 years ago....hard to turn down getting 98% of your money back.  As it works out, they are giving me what is really close to top of today’s trade value from KBB.  My vehicle was in good condition, very clean in and out and they still did a walk around but didn’t drive since still under warranty.

since I didn’t really need to trade, I’m ok with losing the tax savings I would have got....also since no dealer would give me this much even with our high sales tax I’m still better off.  

so now is your chance......

I sold them my 2005 Mazda Miata back in 2013. They gave me a very fair price and zero hassle. I was happy with the deal. I wasn’t happy I had to sell my car. I loved that car, but that’s a different story. 

Howdy,

Selling a fun car is a very emotional thing,

Ive heard of guys selling a miata and buying another one in

the same year.

A long time ago I decided I had to have a fun car and a daily driver.

Once I got over the idea that I was wasting money I realized my needs are

just different from others.  

Show me a woman with one pair of shoes......

Best

CR

2 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Selling a fun car is a very emotional thing,

Ive heard of guys selling a miata and buying another one in

the same year.

A long time ago I decided I had to have a fun car and a daily driver.

Once I got over the idea that I was wasting money I realized my needs are

just different from others.  

Show me a woman with one pair of shoes......

Best

CR

Bought me another one last summer. ;)

57A13B15-7C51-4968-8107-B717BCF821DC.thumb.jpeg.8e0fcebb591ffbd7acebba9694e7284d.jpeg

B4167CCF-7C43-45FE-81CA-B4E62282235A.thumb.jpeg.cda4ef54a81923f1b8447bd7028ac4a5.jpeg

I never keep a car more than 70K miles, I trade em in on a new one. Used cars are at an all time high. Dealers are begging for trade-ins.

Archived