SASS Wire Forum

AR Shotgun?

Alpo

In general looks only .

I recall hearing a conversation at my LGS where this gun was mentioned and the three guys behind the counter said they would take a Saiga over the Rock Island any day. I did not pay attention to much of the conversation as I wasn’t really interested, but I do believe the Saiga they mentioned was the California legal one and perhaps maybe the RI gun wasn’t California legal.  Not sure...

The Saiga looks like this

image.jpeg.18ceb12364ca1fdb1e053d6a0f3411fb.jpeg

Our American Legion Post held a sporting clays event yesterday. A guy on my team brought a Mossberg 200K shotgun which I had never seen or heard of before. Detachable 2-round box magazine and a plastic pump slide that fits around the fore stock. Quirky looking thing.

I have heard complaints of the shells deforming in the magazine due to spring pressure.   And most only run on HEAVY loads, not the cheap shells that I would want to use in one. Radical MKZ3 ----?===  is one that runs the cheap range or feild ammo, so I have heard.        GW

51 minutes ago, G W Wade said:

I have heard complaints of the shells deforming in the magazine due to spring pressure.   And most only run on HEAVY loads, not the cheap shells that I would want to use in one.

I'll confirm the shells deforming, jam on the first rack for a magazine sitting around a few months.

Adjustable gas blocks can solve the second problem, they can be tuned for sport.

But if I need a shotgun to work "right now," I'll either grab my Maverick 88 pump or my Remington semi-auto competition gun. Both eat anything and spit it out, but the 88 has punishing recoil with bear loads.

I would also be willing to grab my Stoeger SxS, but that does not sit around close at hand ready for use, it just comes out to play.

The detachable mag shotgun? It also comes out to play. It is a lot of fun! But plastic shells do turn oval after a few months. I can not consider it a long-term ready-to-go defensive firearm.

ive seen a few variations of these over the years , this one has shown up at the range here a few times recently ,  our big problem with it is the shot needs to be used on the clays range we only allow slugs on the rifle range - the buyers seem to have other thinking for whatever reason , the couple ive seen shot within our restrictions worked fine 

Archived