SASS Wire Forum

Is the ammo shortage bad enough to start shooting these?

Ace_of_Hearts

Using them pellet rifles, score cards will record multiple minutes not seconds and get berm lights cause the matches will go into the dark!

How about .... steel targets replaced with styrofoam moved in closer and every shooter gets 20 darts :D

I have one of them rifles a  couple of the Single Action Army pistols to play with in my Basement. 

Loads of fun .

Now I need some Crocks with Spurs .  :D :lol: :P

1 hour ago, Happy Jack, SASS #20451 said:

I expect to see California CAS matches using Airsoft guns in another year or two.

And the rest of the country shortly after...

44 minutes ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

And the rest of the country shortly after...

It all starts in Kalifornia and bleeds off to America sooner or later. 

2 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

I have one of them rifles a  couple of the Single Action Army pistols to play with in my Basement. 

Loads of fun .

Now I need some Crocks with Spurs .  :D :lol: :P

I have one revolver and find it a load of fun, so I plan to get another and a rifle and also set up an airgun range in my basement. They look good and are fun. No substitute for the real thing but I dare say they feel close enough that practice with them will help.

I think the ammo shortage IS bad enough to have adults shoot 22 if they want. I learned that all three clubs around me are allowing that so I just bought a second Wrangler revolver and a Henry H001 lever action 22.  I'd rather shoot my Vaquero(s) (I'm looking for the second, have one) and my Model 92 in 357/38 but I can afford all the 22 I have time to shoot, even at today's prices. 38 Spc not so much, especially in SASS legal lead bullet loads. 

5 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

It all starts in Kalifornia and bleeds off to America sooner or later. 

It's spelled with a C.

And NO, it doesn't all start here. There are a lot of places with far more restrictive laws than Ca!

Wyatt Earp was enforcing a "no firearms" ordinance at the OK corral.:P

I love air guns an have 3 high quality air rifles and two pistols that I shoot in the backyard frequently and have also shot into a pellet trap in the garage when the weather sucked.  Anyway, I hadn't seen this pneumatic, pump-up version of the cowboy lever action rifle and feel like pumping it up with the lever would probably be difficult and time consuming.  However, if interested there is a CO2 version of this gun that would actually shoot pretty quickly, but with the added cost of the CO2 cylinders.  There are also CO2 cowboy revolvers available that load quite a bit like cartridges and one could simulate a cowboy action stage with these guns.  However, I think that dry fire practice with your actual guns might be far more beneficial in the long run.  Good luck and good shooting to all. 

Archived