SASS Wire Forum

They're everywhere...

Singin' Sue 71615

She says all seven viewings of the house took place on weekends, at hours when the road hadn’t woken up yet.

And the seller is laughing all the way to the bank. ;)

Happens all the time.  My favorite gun range (the same one my dad used to go to with his father when my dad was a pre-teen) was as the base of Azusa Canyon.  As the high priced condos kept getting built closer and closer, the complaint's of the gunfire ended up closing the range.  Same thing happens with people who move in next to airports and complain about the noise.  These people knew the noise existed before they bought their houses.  It isn't like the realtor asked the gun range or the airport to "knock it off" for a hour or so while a sucker was shown the house for sale.  :angry:

As the head of Purchasing and Material Management for my city, I was sitting at a council meeting, waiting to make a presentation and answer questions about a multi $$$$$ dollar, years long commitment we were getting into.

At the same meeting, a number of home-owners were there, to protest the fact that the homes they had bought or had built, were very close to our sewage treatment plant and the prevailing wind sometimes brought sewage odors and the smell of Chlorine (used to sterilize effluent). The plant had been there for about 18+ years before the homes were built.  

One person tried to engage me in conversation about his complaint and became a tad upset with me after I suggested he sue the city and the home builder for hiding the 30 acre plant under tarps and camouflaging it while he was looking at the area.

He looked at me a said: "It wasn't camouflaged!"

I responded: "You mean you saw it, knew it was there and what it was and you bought anyway? That was pretty stupid!" 

He was rather insulted.

Deputy Mayor spoke to me later and told me she heard the exchange and it was all she could do to keep from laughing.

There used to be a race track at our county fairgrounds, it had been there for years. They had some really good late model and sprint car races there through the summer. The track was right on a lake so when a bunch of doctors bought land across the lake from the track they got it shut down because they didn't like the noise.

9 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

They sure are.

She sounds like the type that would move in down wind of a feed lot and start complaining  about the smell.

California actually has a law protecting shooting ranges from such complaints ~ California Civil Code section 3482.1  (But I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in it in today's world) :(

I despise “busy bodies” and self absorbed ignorant people. I also despise gutless backstabbing dirtbags who rather than confront a situation they do an end run using laws and subterfuge to get their way. I do everything I can to make their lives miserable when I encounter them. I see them as water moccasins. Poisonous vermin that needs to be squashed or run off. 
Yeah, that’s a bit much but that’s just me. I hate self righteous dirtbags. 

When I lived in Huntington Beach, CA years ago we bought a house in a nice little neighborhood. We had a neighbor I called Mrs. Kravitz. She was the ugliest pretty woman I have known. Heart as black as coal. Her name was Tracy. She constantly kept tabs on everything. Called code enforcement on people for any little thing. Called the police for any perceived infraction. She called them on me for cleaning my guns in my garage. When I remodeled my kitchen and bath she called code enforcement to report my “non-permitted modifications”. Thing is I had my permits. I wasn’t the only neighbor she was always reporting on. 
One day her husband, a ceramic tile setter, started doing all kinds of upgrades to their home using his contractor buddies to do all the work. I really didn’t pay much mind except one day an electrical contractor was there as I drove by and I stopped to ask him a question about a project at my house. 
As we talked he informed me he was rewiring Tracy’s house. New breaker box, all new wiring, lighting and outlets. He complained that he couldn’t do some of the rooms because he needed to talk to the plumber about some fixtures going in. They also did a bunch of drywall and cabinetry. 
I waited until all the work was done and then called the Code Enforcement Officer. Then I told Tracy. (Insert truly evil grin here)
Those people went through hell for the next couple of weeks with code enforcement and all the rework that they had to do, not to mention fees and fines. Hehehehe...Justice. 

When I lived in North Carolina the Charlotte Motor Speedway was 2 miles from my house as the crow flies. When I bought my house I signed a document that stated that I knew noise from the speedway could be heard at my house. It also said there may be other race related enterprises that might be heard at my home. 
It didn’t concern me. I love race cars. 
A couple of years after I moved in they put in a Drag Strip. Cool!

After the first big drag race weekend I was at work and I heard this pansy bellyaching about the noise from the drag strip. He had bought a house on the hill overlooking the drag strip. He said he and his neighbors were putting a petition together to fight the drag strip. 
I asked him “Did you and your idiot neighbors sign the noise disclosure required by law so that buyers know about all the known noise generating activities surrounding your homes?”

He said “Yes, but...”

He never got to finish and I won’t say what I said here due the the language and colorful metaphors I used. 
That day I called the corporate office of the speedway and informed them about the mission of the morons on the hill. I also told them I would testify that pansy boy stated that he knew of the disclosures and that he stated that he signed them. The lady I spoke to thanked me and told me not to worry. They had clout and lots of lawyers. 
When I left Charlotte that drag strip was still operational. Pansy boy never spoke to me again after that day when  I told him exactly what I thought of him and his dirtbag neighbors. 

I have a few more examples but this is enough. 

I lived in Denver, Colorado for many years.  The Denver Airport had been in place for decades.  There was even an overpass on the freeway for one of the Taxiways.  Always fun to see the idiots almost stop the airplanes went across the freeway.  The developers kept building neighborhoods right up to the Airport Boundaries.  Denver Ignored the whims and whiners, and told them, "you knew about the airport."  Denver finally closed the Airport because they were unable to add an extended runway.  Moved "way out there" in the middle of nowhere.  Developers have been at since the Airport opened.  Trying to add housing right up to the Airport Boundaries.  I swear I could sell Big Orange bridges in California to those idiots.

Speaking of airports...

My rail shop is about a mile from the end of one of LAX’s landing strips. I started noticing that before 06:00 hours planes coming in to land on that strip approach at about 100-150 yards to the north, but after 06:00 hours the approach almost directly over my shop. 
I asked a police officer from the airport one day why that is. 
He said a bunch of residents that live in the flight path of the airport and complained and wanted the planes diverted due to noise. :blink:

The noise level is nearly the same. Maybe a couple of decibels different if your house is directly under the normal landing path. 
Morons abound!

My shop is located at the blue dot thingy. Planes come in at a slightly southern trajectory from the east. 

822D56F3-017E-4C81-BD5E-339D8D77B3EF.thumb.jpeg.b5cedf8b433bf2ab468277dfc0ba2a1d.jpeg

19 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

As the head of Purchasing and Material Management for my city, I was sitting at a council meeting, waiting to make a presentation and answer questions about a multi $$$$$ dollar, years long commitment we were getting into.

At the same meeting, a number of home-owners were there, to protest the fact that the homes they had bought or had built, were very close to our sewage treatment plant and the prevailing wind sometimes brought sewage odors and the smell of Chlorine (used to sterilize effluent). The plant had been there for about 18+ years before the homes were built.  

One person tried to engage me in conversation about his complaint and became a tad upset with me after I suggested he sue the city and the home builder for hiding the 30 acre plant under tarps and camouflaging it while he was looking at the area.

He looked at me a said: "It wasn't camouflaged!"

I responded: "You mean you saw it, knew it was there and what it was and you bought anyway? That was pretty stupid!" 

He was rather insulted.

Deputy Mayor spoke to me later and told me she heard the exchange and it was all she could do to keep from laughing.

I managed a plant that was built around. The nearest neighbors were less than 50 feet off our fence. Same deal as you but the company paid each homeowner $10,000.00 and the association $500,000.00!!! And they still called me everyday and every night!  The plant location predated the neighborhood by 50 years.

Archived