SASS Wire Forum

you're best minute of glory

Highwall

It was back in the ninety's when our Baptist  Church Mexico Mission team drove down to Veracruz. On the last day of witnessing we  played a basketball game with the local Christians on an open outside court with lots of spectators.  The score was tied and time was running out. I got the ball and chucked up a three pointer just in time to win the game! For a minute I was a representative hero in two countries. Next to that it was winning the 2000/2001 IHMSA Kansas Small bore championships.

Saving a 6-rear-old boy from choking to death/and/or suffering brain damage.  Almost 3 minutes in, to not taking in any air at all, and the kid was then unconscious.  One guy was just shaking him.  Bad situation.....everyone else were standing there talking about it.  I brushed through them all, grabbed the kid, cleared him and revived him to screaming consciousness..  Of course, the child was frightened of me afterwards, but his mom was very grateful.

CatBrules

When my sons were born, each time I stood back and said, "Wow I helped in making that" :wub:

Years ago, when I was a volunteer fireman. Too many stories to tell, but the one I will never forget is pulling out the family's lab when sweeping the house, giving it mouth to snout  and sharing O2, and watching him wake up (and the look on the little girl's face as the family watched their fur baby come back)

My moment of glory was .

One day I was in line at the check out lane at a party store getting some beer  .

A Man if you want to call him that . 

Was in line with a 5 or 6 year old boy .

The guy was buying beer and cigarettes. 

The boy asked for some candy. 

The guy yelled at the boy and told him No.

The teller said to the man to stop yelling and acting that way in his store .

When the guy got up to the counter the boy had some candy in his hand and asked for it again .

The guy slapped the boy so hard he knocked him down .

I dropped my beer and KNOCKED Him out cold .

The store keeper let me pay for my beer and the boys candy .

And said too me .

I never seen anything. 

Rooster 

I was a junior in Veterinary College.  Our class in Large Animal Medicine was on a farm call to vaccinate a herd of Angus calves for a farmer who lived a few miles outside Columbia, Missouri.  We rotated jobs, taking turns operating the squeeze chute, administering injections, recording the calf's ear tag number.  One of my classmates was a bit slow on closing the chute and a calf squirted through the opening and returned to the herd without getting an injection.  I had recorded it's ear tag number.  So, when all the herd, save one, had gone through the chute, I went to the truck, got out a rope, and told my classmates to cut out calf # XXX.  I shook out a loop and dropped it cleanly over his head on my first throw as he ran past me.

I became a legend.

B)

I was interviewed on the CBS Evening News about forty years ago while responding to an emergency in Arizona.  My boss told me not to talk to the press but the emergency manager set me up for an interview.  The boss saw it and told me when I returned it was a good interview.  I kept my job.

Archived