SASS Wire Forum

PB & ?

Okiepan

Peanut butter and grape jelly. Not mixed together, but folded together, so you have little chunks of jelly in the mix. Put that on one slice of lightly toasted Ezekiel bread.

THEN....add some strips of bacon to the sandwich, whole strips not cut up. Lay them on the peanut butter & jelly that you folded together and put on the bread. Then put the top slice of lightly toasted Ezekiel bread on top, maybe smearing the P & J mixture on that slice too...and then enjoy. The sweetness of the P & J will be balanced out with the taste of the crispy bacon. 

Boy Howdy....

W.K. 

Jif peanut butter on one slice of bread and some hot Cheetos on the side.

PB & Cheese.

Crunchy PB, a thick slice of sharp cheddar, on fresh sourdough bread and toasted with plenty of real butter.

Been eating that combo for 5 decades now.

If it's going to be jelly my preference is Blackberry. 

Otherwise my favorite "PB& ___" sandwich is a Fluffer Nutter.  Peanut Butter and Marshmallow fluff.

I tried the PB & banana thing.  I had to.  It is said to be Elvis' favorite.  I'm not a fan.  Of the sandwich, that is.  Elvis is The King.  :D

Angus

Can't believe no one got it right

BACON!!

1 hour ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Y'all are a bunch of weird farkers! :lol:

..... all but me, I and Maj. Crimes are the only ones here without an accent ...... 

.......... and I'm not too sure about him    :blink:

I can see my grandpa at the wheel of his boat watching the downriggers for a hit eating a peanut butter sandwich, hot coffee steaming in the morning chill. 

My brother and I just talked about that a couple weeks ago. The smell of the storage area under the bow where the ropes and life vests were stowed. We napped there. Good memories!

On 4/15/2021 at 9:02 PM, Cactus Jack Calder said:

A sammich I’ve eaten for years.

2 slices Seedless Rye

First slice Rye Bread w/PB spread medium thick

2 slices Lebanon Bologna (PA Dutch specialty)

1 small forkful of sweet pickle relish, well drained

1 slice Munster Cheese

Second slice of Rye Bread slathered with honey (preferably Orange Blossom)

Note: always put the cheese on the honey side, the honey draws water from the bologna and makes the sammich runny. I developed this back when I was still in High School and growing like a weed. 60+ years later I have to temper my eating a little, but I still eat this sammich once and a while.

CJ

Lebanon Bologna (PA Dutch specialty) +1

born in Williamsport about 100 miles NW of there

p.s. Little League World Series is actually held in S. Williamsport across the river 

On 4/16/2021 at 6:39 AM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

We don't have peanut butter in our house.  Haven't since they put a peanut farmer in the White House and he screwed up everything he touched.

It's a tiny little protest, but it's mine.

Carter raised Spanish Peanuts, not the peanuts used for peanut butter. When he left office in 1981 his peanut farm was in a blind trust and $1 million in debt. He sold the business. 

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Carter raised Spanish Peanuts, not the peanuts used for peanut butter. When he left office in 1981 his peanut farm was in a blind trust and $1 million in debt. He sold the business. 

Don't care.  Peanuts is peanuts and the fact that he had to sell it tells me I was right about his ability to run anything.  :P

I like a good peanut butter and peanut butter on toast sandwich.  Needs 2x+ the amount of peanut butter required for a PB+J sandwich... yum.

On 4/18/2021 at 8:11 PM, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

Lebanon Bologna (PA Dutch specialty) +1

born in Williamsport about 100 miles NW of there

p.s. Little League World Series is actually held in S. Williamsport across the river 

Cheyenne,

I’ve been through there many times. My younger son lives in Rochester, NY. Williamsport is on my way to visit him.

By the way I almost forgot one of the best treats is PB spread on a slice of Lebanon Bologna and rolled up in a tube. Mmmm gooood!

On the other hand my wife would slice a sweet gherkin pickle in quarters lengthwise, spread some cream cheese on the Lebanon and roll the 1/4 pickle slice inside. She’d serve it as an hors d'oeuvre with other finger bits. Her folks were from Carbon County, Weissport, PA , north of Allentown.

I can’t spell  hors d'oeuvre worth a dang. Took me 15 minutes to get the tablet dictionary app to come up with the answer. I should have tried the hard cover version, much quicker. Prolly wood’a taken 15 minutes to find the hard cover. :)

CJ

WARNING:  NOT FOR WEAK STOMACHS

My dad loved Peanut Butter and yellow Mustard sandwiches.   Dad would spread a thick layer of PB on one slice, and a thick layer of Mustard on the other. 

But, one day I saw Dad excel.  After layering each slice of bread in his typical fashion, he stuck his head into the refrigerator, grabbed a bowl of Mom's leftover cold Sour Kraut, and slapped a big bunch of that cold Sour Kraut between the PB and Mustard. 

It was a one of Dad's new creations.  A Peanut Butter, Mustard, and Cold Sour Kraut sandwich!!!

3 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

WARNING:  NOT FOR WEAK STOMACHS

My dad loved Peanut Butter and yellow Mustard sandwiches.   Dad would spread a thick layer of PB on one slice, and a thick layer of Mustard on the other. 

But, one day I saw Dad excel.  After layering each slice of bread in his typical fashion, he stuck his head into the refrigerator, grabbed a bowl of Mom's leftover cold Sour Kraut, and slapped a big bunch of that cold Sour Kraut between the PB and Mustard. 

It was a one of Dad's new creations.  A Peanut Butter, Mustard, and Cold Sour Kraut sandwich!!!

That sounds interesting.   

I can see how the flavors will work together. 

Archived