SASS Wire Forum

It’s not just guns and ammunition

Buckshot Bob

Speaking of the shortage of motorcycles/ATV's/UTV's right now,  I was at my local shop (actually 180 miles away but still the closest)sells Honda, Yamaha, Polaris, Suzuki and Kawasaki. The place was EMPTY !!!  Manager told me their normal floor inventory is about 250 pieces. They had a total of 27 bikes in the store.  They don't expect reasonable inventory until late next year. Glad we don't need anything right now. Definitely a sellers market.

Cars are included in this, micro chips are getting hard to get. I was told this by my good friend in the car business.

My favorite lager Rainier is impossible to find! :angry:

2 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

My son wanted a new bicycle, went to a local bike shop they only had about a dozen bikes.

The local bike shop I frequent has the same issue, and the owner said if someone wants something and orders it, it will likely be a 2022 model, with a wait for delivery.

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Cars are included in this, micro chips are getting hard to get. I was told this by my good friend in the car business.

Heard the same thing on the news earlier this week.

I went to my local grocery store and found out there is now a pickle shortage! :angry:

It's okay! I can live without pickles for awhile! That's until the bacon runs out.:unsure:

The only thing I can not live without is onions! :o

my local honda atv dealer went from overflowing vehicles to barely any.  a new local guy is opening a used ATV shop and is selling used and sometimes ragged out ones for as much as a new one generally runs.  My local John Deere tractor dealer has four  3 series tractors and two 5075 cab tractors  on his lot and thats it.  I asked him to look for me an excavator months ago, a used one at that and there are none.  I asked for a 4 series tractor months ago and there are none.  

About the only thing you can find in abundance these days is a bunch of 'Yahoo's running for

political offices..... :lol:

And most of them know how to cure the present pandemic but won't tell anyone till they are

in office..... :ph34r:

..........Widder

Furniture is also at a big delay, I know people waiting 3-4 months for new furniture!

My microwave went out on my builtin over/micro combo. Can't get the exact one as it is 10 years old. Found one the same size at our local appliance store and it had to be ordered. That was in late February, still waiting!

4 hours ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

Garden Gnomes are now in short supply.  Perhaps we should hide them at night. 

I saw that on the local news this morning! :D

Computer gaming video cards prices and availability are in the stratosphere, same as components.
Up until recently, web cameras were the same.
Yesterday, I was finally able to find a Logitech web cam for a client, after a very long dry spell from the work-at-home crowd.

they are low on Teslas too usally this lot is full 

Gf brother in law has been selling them for 8 years and sez they are selling faster than ever 

IMG_0025.JPG

On 4/15/2021 at 10:38 PM, Trigger Mike said:

my local honda atv dealer went from overflowing vehicles to barely any.  a new local guy is opening a used ATV shop and is selling used and sometimes ragged out ones for as much as a new one generally runs.  My local John Deere tractor dealer has four  3 series tractors and two 5075 cab tractors  on his lot and thats it.  I asked him to look for me an excavator months ago, a used one at that and there are none.  I asked for a 4 series tractor months ago and there are none.  

The same goes for parts. Its been heck finding planter and tractor parts this spring.

We made a special run today to Wally-World so Sawmill Mary could buy ink for her printer.   The Wally-World we normally shop at was out.  I went back to automotive to get a can of brake cleaner.   They had a good supply of the product I was looking for. Pulled down a can and thought,  I may as well buy two while they have them.  I walked through sporting goods.   Their large ammo display area was totally empty.  They had maybe 6 long guns in the case. 

I met up with Sawmill Mary near checkout.  They didn't have the ink.  But she looked for hydrogen peroxide and they didn't have that either. 

Archived