SASS Wire Forum

Oh GOODY a big surprise!

Come On Christmas

My gnu SKB!

The serial number on this has an NS before the number.  The serial number on the barrel just has a matching number which is why I thought my SKB was made in Turkey.  

The receiver and the forend has the NS number.

Nope JAPAN

Cha Ching! paid $750

Way dumb luck.  God takes care of little children and fools.

EA92925A-F609-4516-9074-CCE7A6628EA5.jpeg

2 hours ago, Shameless Womanizer 57929 said:

I want to read up on how a single trigger shotgun functions.  

Let me save you some time, you pull the trigger one time and one barrel goes off. You pull it again and another barrel goes off! :lol:

Kajun

56 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Let me save you some time, you pull the trigger one time and one barrel goes off. You pull it again and another barrel goes off! :lol:

Kajun

Physics, the mechanics

Some are mechanical. When the trigger goes back it fires the first barrel. It also switches the mechanism to the second barrel. When the trigger is pulled the next time it fires the second barrel. Others are inertia. The recoil from the first shot sets the innards to fire the second barrel on the subsequent pull. All SKB's that I am aware of are inertia unless someone has changed them. This is common in most excellent side by sides used in SASS. Because of the very light loads used by some the inertia system can be iffy.

As an aside, there should be a switch somewhere to choose which barrel fires first. This aides in being able to pick your choke depending on the target presentation.

Yeah, from what little I have looked on some single triggers actuating the safety on and off changes the sequence.

SaKaBa = Japanese for Coom ba yah?

Now, I gotta find me a side by side cause “Red Leg Reilly” already done tode me I can’t use an Over Under at the annual SHORTGRASS RANGERS All Shotgun Shoot event on June 6th.  I’ve got a bunch of SASS accoutrements to sell cheap to the faithful.

Like to find me an old 28” Rossi mule ear before then I gotta bunch o black powder shells loaded up.

My knees won’t let me walk the SASS walk much no mo.

Archived