SASS Wire Forum

cowboy guns coming in

Trigger Mike

Down here in south Georgia there are not a lot of cowboy shooters so there are rarely any cowboy guns and if there are any, they stay in stock a long time.  Lately, as the shelves stay bare, I've noticed that since the dealers take any gun they can get shipped, there are several cowboy guns at both the main gun stores in town.  One has a lot of Cimarron model P and the other one has the Calvary version and the scout version, the schofield and 1875 remington as well as a few other cap and ball pistols.  

19 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

Down here in south Georgia there are not a lot of cowboy shooters so there are rarely any cowboy guns and if there are any, they stay in stock a long time.  Lately, as the shelves stay bare, I've noticed that since the dealers take any gun they can get shipped, there are several cowboy guns at both the main gun stores in town.  One has a lot of Cimarron model P and the other one has the Calvary version and the scout version, the schofield and 1875 remington as well as a few other cap and ball pistols.  

Schofield? Tell me more!

they have 2 last time I was there, one 45 with 7 inch barrel and i THINK the other one was 38 with the same barrel length.  Brantleys Marine and Gun Vidalia, ga.  the owner is my neighbor and my farm was once his grandfather's and he helped dig my pond back in the 50s and pulled trees out with mules.  

2 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Schofield? Tell me more!

I finally got my S&W no. 3 first model American (Uberti by way of Cimarron) and have an 1875 Outlaw coming as soon as the seller gets my cashier's check.

They didn't cost me much of anything anything, thanks to Uncle Joe.  :o  :P

My LGS/Range has two Taylor's Smoke Wagons with the 1860 grip. One is factory slicked up the other is standard. They've been there for about 8 months now. I've though of making an offer but I'm not crazy about the larger grip. They got 'em because they can't get anything else!:o

3 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

My LGS/Range has two Taylor's Smoke Wagons with the 1860 grip. One is factory slicked up the other is standard. They've been there for about 8 months now. I've though of making an offer but I'm not crazy about the larger grip. They got 'em because they can't get anything else!:o

I love the larger grip. I searched out Pietta’s with the army grips. But 2xl gloves are also a tight fit for me . Just never liked my pinkie wrapped under the grip like it does on the standard SAA . But I guess that’s why there’s so many different size guns out there , it’s nice to have choices 

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

3 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I love the larger grip. I searched out Pietta’s with the army grips. But 2xl gloves are also a tight fit for me . Just never liked my pinkie wrapped under the grip like it does on the standard SAA . But I guess that’s why there’s so many different size guns out there , it’s nice to have choices 

Yeah, I have bear paws too. I love the Army grip and the grip on my Schofield.

The availability of Ubertis seem to be hit or miss. There's seems to be enough of the handguns, but very few of the rifles. And Winchester/Miroku rifles are nearly nonexistent. I debated between getting a 1st Model No.3 American revolver versus a Winchester/Miroku '73, but there were none of the latter to be found anywhere so my mind was made up real quick.

Archived