SASS Wire Forum

Haka Haka

Subdeacon Joe

8 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Not many I would be afraid of, but these guys, Sikhs and Gurkhas might cause me to reconsider.

I would definitely have a “very healthy respect” for all three.

I know it's been shown before, but whenever the word "haka" comes to mind, I can't help but think of this one. Maybe it's the soldier and warrior in me, but I can't help but choke up watching it. I can't think of a better way to send off a fallen comrade. Or to be sent off, to be honest.

Impressive, watched on the glowing screen.
Intimidating as hell, seen in person!

On 4/17/2021 at 7:52 PM, DocWard said:

I know it's been shown before, but whenever the word "haka" comes to mind, I can't help but think of this one. Maybe it's the soldier and warrior in me, but I can't help but choke up watching it. I can't think of a better way to send off a fallen comrade. Or to be sent off, to be honest.

This one was weird to me.  The Maori were cannibals.  When I first learned about Haka they said that the individual movements meant something.  In particular anything with the tongue was indicating that they were going to dine on your corpse and steal your power.  So at a funeral it was weird. 

45 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

This one was weird to me.  The Maori were cannibals.  When I first learned about Haka they said that the individual movements meant something.  In particular anything with the tongue was indicating that they were going to dine on your corpse and steal your power.  So at a funeral it was weird. 

https://www.newzealand.com/us/feature/haka/

Archived