SASS Wire Forum

I Make Questionable Decisions

DocWard

I received my second Covid vaccination at lunch. This evening I went for a 3+ mile run. By the way I currently feel, that may have been a mistake. My sister-in-law said "live and learn." It seems she doesn't talk to Mrs. Doc nearly enough...

6 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

The title of this thread just proves why you fit in so well around here. :D

Why else would I be here?

Yeah, some definite joint aches beyond the norm, along with fatigue. Not yet feeling yet like I have "flu-like symptoms" but not fully up to speed by any stretch.

I got the second shot yesterday. I came home and had lunch then went out and cut the grass. Nothing today but a sore arm and the usual aches and pains I have every morning :P

I I did not feel too good for about a day. Tired with some body aches. Wife and oldest daughter felt worse, chills and a low fever. Mother in law felt fine and she's in her 80's

I had the Pfizer vaccine a week ago, no pain, no joint stiffness, but the little toe on my left foot hasn't stopped randomly twitching since....

Both shots kicked my butt.  36 hours of flu symptoms, and extreme injection site pain with the first one.

Stomach ailment, chills and injection site pain with the second one.  Lasted a little over 24 hours.

10 hours ago, DocWard said:

II Make Questionable Decisions

I might just have that put on my tombstone!  :lol:

10 hours ago, DocWard said:

This evening I went for a 3+ mile run. 

3+ mile run? Did your car breakdown??? :P

When I got my first shot the VA told me to start taking Tylenol a couple days before the second shot.  It worked for me, arm was a little sore, but no other symptoms. YMMV

Experimental drug that hasn't been approved by the FDA?   No thank you.

Run 3 miles?  Only if it's down hill, i tripped and it takes me that long to regain my balance!

3 mile run? Uh, no.

I don't know anyone who's died from covid but I know several people over 40 who died while out jogging, all folks in seemingly good health, all heart attacks. Some good close friends so no thank you there. :huh: 

Best wishes.

I go for my 2nd shot tomorrow. I am kind of depressed. My X-Ray vision from my first shot went away.

I am hoping it returns tomorrow along with other super powers I can use to fight crime and solve mysteries throughout the land...

I need to go cape shopping later today...

1 minute ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Didn't you see The Incredibles?  Never wear a cape.

Yes, I did. Mrs Incredible sure is a Hottie, isn’t she? :lol:

Anyway, seriously, after I got my first shot my arm hurt a bit for about 48 hours. Other than that and a very light headache the next morning it wasn’t a bad experience. Aspirin kicked the headache. 
My wife felt a little out of sorts. Fatigue mostly, for a day or so. I think she is still a little mad at me for convincing her to get the shot in the first place. She didn’t want to get it. I hope her second shot goes well. 

The one entertaining thing about my CoVid shots is my shot card, if that’s what you call it, says I got mine at Disneyland. :D How’s that for weird?

I go to Disneyland tomorrow for my second shot as well. 

We, (Schoolmarm and I) got our second shot last week, (Pfizer).

On the first one, the technician hit a nerve in my arm and I said, “Ow! Sumbitch!!” She laughed!

Second shot, they hit a nerve on Schoolmarm’s arm! She didn’t cuss!

In both cases, she was achy for a day or so and a little sick the day after the second shot.

My arm hurt for a day or so after the first shot.

Would have been the 3 mile run that would do me in.

Got my 2nd yesterday also.  Arm only sore if I touch the spot.

But do feel like I am getting a fever now. 

Wife got one after her 2nd. But it was on day 2 that she ran a fever. Only lasted a day.

4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I go for my 2nd shot tomorrow. I am kind of depressed. My X-Ray vision from my first shot went away.

I am hoping it returns tomorrow along with other super powers I can use to fight crime and solve mysteries throughout the land...

I need to go cape shopping later today...

You are lucky that you lost the Xray vision, you might have run across me and that would have scarred you for life!

5 hours ago, Chantry said:

I had the Pfizer vaccine a week ago, no pain, no joint stiffness, but the little toe on my left foot hasn't stopped randomly twitching since....

Little toe on left foot you said.  :o  Bless your heart.  :rolleyes:  The twitching of the little toe on the left foot is the classic sign you have the dreaded side affect of "Larboard Petty Toelio."  :(;)

Minor fatigue and arm soreness with first Moderna, get the second on the 22nd. I'll try the Tylenol thing just in case. Don't want no twitchin toes.

6 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Minor fatigue and arm soreness with first Moderna, get the second on the 22nd. I'll try the Tylenol thing just in case. Don't want no twitchin toes.

That's right Eyesa.  The Toelio can lead to Kneesles, progressing up the leg to Hipatitis, and then to a fatal Fart Attack! :o

12 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Kaya got her first shot yesterday. She's walking around like an arthritic old man this morning.

Hey now!

I resemble that statement.

9 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

3 mile run? Uh, no.

I don't know anyone who's died from covid but I know several people over 40 who died while out jogging, all folks in seemingly good health, all heart attacks. Some good close friends so no thank you there. :huh: 

Best wishes.

It happens. My guitar instructor and good friend was the same age as me. He died at the age of 52 from a heart attack. If you had looked at the two of us, you would have been convinced he was in far better health, and far more fit. I have another close friend from my days as a medic who barely survived one in his thirties. The fact that he recognized the problem and that another medic in our unit who was a civilian paramedic was there saved his life. Both were victims of the Left Anterior Descending Artery, aka the widow maker. Now, I will never tell someone they should or shouldn't run. I will suggest that they try to stay as fit as possible after clearing it with their physician. But that is it.

A few years back I thought I was having a heart attack. after 24 hours in the hospital, blood draws, numerous images of my heart, and a later stress test, the conclusion was that my heart is in good shape, and I was suffering from costochondritis, or an inflammation of the cartilage that connects the ribs to the breastbone, and does an amazing job of mimicking the chest pain of a heart attack.

When I'm in shape, I enjoy running. When I'm not, it is a challenge to get out and do it. I am getting back to the point where I am enjoying it, but I have some ways to go before I'm happy. At the end of the day, though, I would rather die doing something I enjoy, be it running, karate, shooting cowboy guns, or what have you, than sitting on the couch, bored, having a beer and watching a baseball game.

I'll walk or hike, sometimes for hours. I very much enjoy that activity.  I don't have a runner's build and know what I can't do, or perhaps just don't trust anymore, (7 miles was my best run in my 30s) so I am not about to push it anymore.  I have several friends in their seventies who can still do half marathons and more power to them. I'm more of a bench press guy or at least used to be.:D

2 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

I'll walk or hike, sometimes for hours. I very much enjoy that activity.  I don't have a runner's build and know what I can't do, or perhaps just don't trust anymore, (7 miles was my best run in my 30s) so I am not about to push it anymore.  I have several friends in their seventies who can still do half marathons and more power to them. I'm more of a bench press guy or at least used to be.:D

I definitely don't have a runner's build. More like a linebacker. At 5'11", I came out of Basic Training at 183 lb., and looked and felt emaciated. I came back from my final deployment in great shape, running sub-27 minute 5Ks, and weighing just over 200lb. I started running because the Army made me, and then kept at it because my daughter ran cross country, and it allowed me to be a part of that. Or, as she will often put it, I run because "screw genetics!" I enjoy hiking, most definitely, and biking as well. Despite having a fair amount of strength, I've never been a gym rat. It was just not something I enjoyed. I have a fair amount of natural strength and ability, but it is from moving furniture when I was younger, working out while in the military, and trying to stay active as I have gotten into my fifties.

Oh, I meant to add my condolences about your friends. I know the pain myself, as I mentioned.

Today, my arm hurts where I got the injection, and my joints ache like I really overdid it in karate or something, and I am fatigued. I think it will be Tylenol and an early night for me tonight!

I would call that “I’ll advised”

Not that I think anybody advised you to do it. :lol:

Archived