SASS Wire Forum

Want to move

Whiskey Business

4 hours ago, El CupAJoe said:

I Alaska, I had earthquake drills, risk from bears, moose, avalanches, blizzards, and -70 F jogs to school.

In Kenya, I had terrorist drills, Black Mamba's and Cobras in the yard, risk from drought, malaria, typhoid, AIDS, bandits, carjackers etc. 

In Florida, I had Hurricane issues, tornados, snakes, biting ants, bears, gaters, sink holes and spiders.

In Texas and Kansas, I had tornado drills, blizzards, black widow's, brown recluses, rattle snakes, floods

I loved each place in it's own way... Pretty happy where I am now, chances are good I'll move along eventually.

Earth is not going to last forever, I've got a much better place reserved for later on.

"Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever."  Solomon - Ecclesiastes 1:4 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Springfield, Missouri.

Just got my utility bill in the mail today for last month:  $170 total for electricity, water, and gas.  Personal Property (cars) plus real estate taxes (4 bedroom, 2 full bathrooms, 2 car garage, 1800 sq. ft. on a 100ft X 100 ft. lot inside city limits) were about $1500 in 2020.  Gas at Sam’s Club this morning was $2.49, up dramatically from the $1.80 we were paying when there were adults in Washington, D.C.

And there are 4 donut shops within walking distance.

:)

4 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Springfield, Missouri.

Just got my utility bill in the mail today for last month:  $170 total for electricity, water, and gas.  Personal Property (cars) plus real estate taxes (4 bedroom, 2 full bathrooms, 2 car garage, 1800 sq. ft. on a 100ft X 100 ft. lot inside city limits) were about $1500 in 2020.  Gas at Sam’s Club this morning was $2.49, up dramatically from the $1.80 we were paying when there were adults in Washington, D.C.

And there are 4 donut shops within walking distance.

So your area is regularly patrolled by the Police department I see.:P

1 hour ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

"Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever."  Solomon - Ecclesiastes 1:4 

contextually, that's a passage about human nature not the fate of the planet, 

I like 2 Peter 3 myself

image.png

9 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

So your area is regularly patrolled by the Police department I see.:P

The donut shops are about a mile away!  Police sightings are rare!!   :D

I live on kind of a cul- de-sac, a closed circle with limited access.  If there is an elderly neighbor emergency we sometimes see cops backing up the EMTs, otherwise nada.

We had a police officer as a neighbor a few years ago, lived about a block away.  I jogged by his house several times a week and would see his black and white parked in his driveway.  He moved away, no change in neighborhood activities.  

There are “bad” areas here, just like any other city.  We decided not to buy a house there.

5 minutes ago, bgavin said:

J-Bar, how long have you been in your current place?

Since 1988.  The family to our left and the widow across the street and the family two doors away were here before we bought our house.  Can you say “stable neighborhood?”

It was 73 and sunny here yesterday, snowing now :D  Ks weather will keep you on your toes.  I'll be back to sunny before anyone notices the streets are wet.

14 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Since 1988.  The family to our left and the widow across the street and the family two doors away were here before we bought our house.  Can you say “stable neighborhood?”

We're in SW Springfield and loving it.

Sold our 950sq ft Ca home for $240k, it was paid for.

Bought a 1500sq ft 4br, 3ba all brick beautifully cared for home with RV parking in a great neighborhood for $165k, we just wrote a ck.

Gas is $2.49 here and cost of living is 1/2 of CA.

Car registration is for 2yrs and no SMOG tests.

Missouri is a Constitutional carry state.

OLG 

I'm retired now and love where I live. My town has a population of about 8,000 plus and is just 15 miles from a metro area if needed. We have several fast food franchise's, a movie theater, a public swimming pool, a 230 acre recreational lake, a Walmart and a Kroger grocery store along with Ace Hardware so seldom need to leave town for any reason.

Weather wise our winters are mild with maybe two inches of snow a year and summers are really hot and dry but tolerable.

Plus we have our own power plant so electrical bills are low!

I retired to a small area in WV 4 years ago. Population 399. not much around but sure is great area. Good shooting ranges and a nice golf course. Winters are harsh but summers are a dream with median temps in the 70s.

Archived