SASS Wire Forum

Redbud

J-BAR #18287

wow , wish my lawn looked like that , our red oaks have not dropped last years leaves yet and nothing in my yard is even budding , its snowing right now and i still had 6" of river in my lower back yard when night fell , 

thanks for those great photos - they give me hope 

Planted one the the yard last weekend besides a desert willow. Have three more to plant, one of which will be another redbud. I love the size and color of yours.

The redbud in our front yard is close to 20 years old.  Yesterday morning I trim it back a bit to a stump.  It was deader then a door nail.  :(

36 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

The redbud in our front yard is close to 20 years old.  Yesterday morning I trim it back a bit to a stump.  It was deader then a door nail.  :(

I've planted three in 25 years here. Two made the fire pit.

Outback at my place is the redbud which has been there well over 21 years. Also the Missouri Dogwood then the view off my deck.

redbud.jpg

dogwood.jpg

outback.jpg

The redbud off our living room windows is starting o leaf out and has buds all over it. No flowers yet.It's probably over 20 years old, our place was put in in '94, we bought it in '99 and it was big then. So I think it was probably planted around '93 or '94. Not on our lot, but the next door one:blush:

Yep, the redbuds and the dogwoods all around us are going wild.  That's what I love about this time of year.  The heavy oak pollen - not so much.

Archived