SASS Wire Forum

Do you know how old you are?

Alpo

It used to be important.

"I'm five and a half years old."
"I'm 11 and 3/4 years old."

Then as a teenager there were milestones. 15, where you could get your learner's permit. 16, where you can get your operators. 17, when you can get in a dirty movie.

Then 21, when you can buy booze. 25, when your car insurance rates drops.

It was important back then to know how old you were. But after that? Why did it matter?

I had a guy ask me today how old I was, and I wasn't sure. One of those, "What year is it?" moments.

So simply - without having to stop and think - do you know how old you are?

People used to ask me “How old will you be this year?” Meaning how old will you be at your next birthday. I was born in December.  If I answered the question posed in the Spring, when my birthday finally arrived they thought I was a year older than I actually was. People forget what they ask and remember what your response is. 

I always respond “Today I am xx years old!” 
Notice I didn’t tell you I am 76 years old.
:o OOPS!

:P CJ

I'm 92, of course I know.

51 minutes ago, Alpo said:

It used to be important.

"I'm five and a half years old."
"I'm 11 and 3/4 years old."

Then as a teenager there were milestones. 15, where you could get your learner's permit. 16, where you can get your operators. 17, when you can get in a dirty movie.

Then 21, when you can buy booze. 25, when your car insurance rates drops.

It was important back then to know how old you were. But after that? Why did it matter?

I had a guy ask me today how old I was, and I wasn't sure. One of those, "What year is it?" moments.

So simply - without having to stop and think - do you know how old you are?

I seem to think I am a year older to everyone, as that is what they were told.

In years- 60

Physically? A lot older than I am mentally. 

Mentally? Somewhere between 12 and 25 on any given day. 

I recently discovered in the past couple of years that I am no longer indestructible. But I keep pushing the envelope anyway. 

Plus or minus one year.  I sometimes have to look at my driver's license to be sure.  The two guys I shoot with the most are both older than I am.  So I remember that and try to  be respectful to the old pharts.

Earlier this year I celebrated the 47th anniversary of my 21st birthday!!  :rolleyes: :lol:

8 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

My wife says about twelve.....

And thar ain't nuthin' the matter with that! :D

Part of me is over 50 but parts of me feel a lot older.

:D

As an aside, I became drinking age the year that they made drinking age 18!  They raised it to 21 LOOOONG after that!!

Yes I do. And I’m reminded of it every time I bend over to put on my boots in the morning. :(

2 hours ago, Sawhorse Kid said:

Nope, I have long since passed the age where birthdays matter.

I just turned 79 and the only reason I know is both of my kids and my grandson sent me cards (rude reminders).

A month from now I'll have to count the years.

I don't do birthdays any more, haven't since I was about 45 or 50.

Of course I know how old I am and I have my driver's license to check it in case I forget!

"If she looks young, she's old.

If she looks old, she's young.

If she looks back, follow her!"

Bob Hope

I know my chronological age, yes. I don't really need to think about it. The age my body feels and the age I act are two different things entirely. I agree with this one:

r81YuzH.jpg

I don’t much agree with a lot of things Hunter S. Thompson said but I read this as a teen and have tried to keep to this concept. 
image.jpeg.d4d6293a5ccae1e7e22f07e90c20aebc.jpeg

I must say though, I do believe I am wearing out the moving parts of my body too quickly. Hahaha :lol:

I'll be 70 next month. I walk at least 2 miles every day  I must say my hips are shouting out to me to stop but I will continue to work it out for as long as I can.

Walking with the wife of 48 years keeps me going!

4 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Yes. No doubt. It's my birthday. So, I know how old I am.

19 and months, right? 

How many months is privileged information and none of anyone's business.

We went to church with the lady that lived across the street,  so I had the pleasure of being invited to her 60th Annual 19th Birthday Party.:D

i do - i have had a lot of folks telling me they didnt think i was that old when they found out , my wife keeps thinking im still 50 or less as she gets miffed at what i say i cant do anymore [at least as fast as she wants me to] and some mornings when i get up i feel a whole lot older , so i guess it depends on when you ask me , 

im only as old as i happen to feel at any given moment and im not real concerned anymore with age - but if it makes you feel any better i do have those moments , when asked , that i have to do that 'what year is it agin?' things too 

After shooting Cowboy for 27 years, (SASS Member 24 years), in 1 year and 11 days, I will be old enough to shoot Senior category.

Depending on several different things, I will be old enough to retire in 1,107 days but I will most likely have to wait 2,933 days to retire.

12 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Yes. No doubt. It's my birthday. So, I know how old I am.

2021_04_14_07_57_54.jpg.39de9eb4080f79cf1ddb633546fdc65e.jpg

Let me tell you.  EL PATRON ain't as fun as I expected:(

Archived