SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger Single Trigger Shotgun

Come On Christmas

Did Stoeger iron out the single trigger failure on their Shotguns?

There are some pretty 20 gauge 26” shotguns on buy now on Gunbroker.

TIA

This is my third year running one I bought in 2019 and I've had zero issues. I did the slick up myself and it runs great. If I had to guestimate on round count so far, my best guess would be somewhere near 1,000.

Thanks!

I have since found a skeet ready SKB at a pawn shop set up with my LOP.

whew hew!  Tourney this weekend!

10 minutes ago, Shameless Womanizer 57929 said:

Thanks!

I have since found a skeet ready SKB at a pawn shop set up with my LOP.

whew hew!  Tourney this weekend!

What model did you find? Side by Side or Over/Under?

37 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

We all shoot over/unders around here ... like Sidney (photo) ... 

... BUT ...

Cypress Sam posted a fix for his a while ago .. (here is the link) ...

https://forums.sassnet.com/index.php?/topic/289863-fix-for-single-trigger-stoeger-doubling-problem/

I really like mine and it has not been a problem (but I haven't shot for a year .. sigh ...) ...

Seems like the single trigger lets your hand move more forward and operating the release lever much more comfortable (IMHO). 

overunder.jpg.6f99d59b85ddb9ed11e28556d0614f8f.jpg

Yes, I'm aware of what the accepted norm is in skeet. I used a Browning Superposed 12g, choked skeet/skeet.  Just was wondering what my old pard Shameless had come across as we travel many of the same roads.

That's OK ... I have been waiting a long time for an opportunity to use that Sidney Poitier over/under photo!! :lol:

I really do have a single trigger Stoeger though and it has been great for me ...

Also thought that Cypress "fix" post might be of interest to someone else.   

Hey Goody -

On a whim I stopped into a Cash America on FTW drive in Denton. The SKB O/O was the onlyest shotgun and one of three long guns they had in stock.  This is common for the very few Pawn shops I have gone into.  McBrides Pawn shop on Denton County Square had NO guns period.  I could not believe it.

It has one of those fancy schmancy butt extenders that is perfect for my LOP.  Also external screw in chokes I will have to investigate.

The breach has a modern day greener closure the has a distinctive clunk when you shut it.

I went to a diner on the square in Downtown Denton and ate breakfast and researched a bit on my iPhone.  The Japanese model numbers start with a letter sequence.  Then I looked at Gunbroker for the FEW they have listed $1000, $3000, and a few at $5000.

The Cash America guys had it listed for $1000.  I asked if they would take $750.  They went for it IF I put it on layaway cause the corporate office has a contest going on.

REALLY? The line of reasoning Millennials use makes me snicker.  This is the FIRST and ONLY time this has EVER worked for me in a pawnshop. I’m not a very good dickerer anyhoo.  Profit is not a dirty word.

My new shotgun is Turkish no letters in front o the serial numbers.  No difference to me.  It’s a work of art.

I’ll post pictures when I pick it up (tomorrow). I figure I either did okay or I hit one over the left field wall.

There is a skeet/five stand/sporting clays tournament this weekend at ELM FORK in Dallas.  

I can’t decide if I want to shoot or watch.  Hopefully, they will have a duffer category. 

Make some new friends and be a dumb wannabe and learn something.

Keep my mouth shut and stay off the internet.  Makes sense if ya know me.

3 hours ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

You would think I would know the model number, right?  It’s a beautiful fine crafted weapon.  This I know.

Over Under

Here we go it’s an 12 gauge SKB 505 Match with the adjustable shoulder pad, two screw in chokes, and a $125 Aluminum case.

The only ones I have found so far are from closed gun auctions for $1300 without the fancy adjustable shoulder pad and screw in chokes.  No mention of case.

Archived