SASS Wire Forum

Favorite Bar/Saloon Scenes.

My favorite bar scene was a place on Murfreesboro Rd. in Nashville called Rivalries on Tuesday nights, some years ago!! Screaming good Blues band that I sometimes sat in with. Had a regular crowd of about 200 people who came to party and be entertained.

The show was consistently so good that Winston hired the band to pioneer the NASCAR infield shows.  I got to be involved in that too!

There are a lot of folks in Nashville who miss that Tuesday night party!!

4 hours ago, Raylan said:

This is not mine. It's from an online story. But I thought it was profound as hell when I first read it, and it seems to fit here.

"There are many different types of drinking. There’s binge drinking, party drinking, social drinking, happy drinking, sad drinking, and all sorts of other types of drinking. The most dangerous type of drinking is thinking drinking. It’s deliberate, slow, relentless, dark, and depressing. You think, and then you have a drink, and then you think some more, and then you drink some more. You keep this up until you either run out of thinks or run out of drinks. I was doing some serious thinking drinking."

Bogie is doing some serious thinking drinking.

The revolver toss to Glen Ford  in '56 movie Jubal was pretty cool.

BTW, Ford was one of the true fast draw actors and at one time considered "the fastest in Hollywood".   Draw and fire at 0.4 sec.

This is another one of my favorite of all time seens .

Archived