SASS Wire Forum

Favorite Bar/Saloon Scenes.

Here's one my favorite Bar/Saloon scenes.  I know it's all Hollywood make-believe, but I still get tickled every time I watch it.  And, Second Hand Lions is just a such fun movie.

I own that movie, and have watched it many times. But this is the first time I noticed.

At the end of that scene, where there has been a ballroom brawl, nothing really got destroyed. The kids were thrown over the table, but the tables weren't broken, and there at the last where Hub has that guy around the neck, you can see a pyramid of canned goods still there. You think that in a fight that stack of canned goods would be the first thing knocked down.

Especially in a movie fight.

Favorite bar scene...

Well, I like the scene in Tombstone with the gun play / cup play. I also like this scene from Silverado. 

This is a good one:

All of the bar scenes in Destry Rides Again.  Subsequent movies learn from this one.  Jimmy Stewart and Marlene Dietrich are great throughout.  Misha Auer betting his pants.  The model for the Teutonic Titwillow in Blazing Saddles.  The best.

Not western, but John Wayne and Lee Marvin.  This is the Aussie Navy bar fight scene.

12 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Is that a young Walter Brennan in that clip?

If you're thinking of the man at the table with Wayne and two girls, that's Lee Dixon. He does have a passing resemblance to him. Otherwise I don't see Walter Brennan, who was already a star at the time the movie was made (1947)

I was at the Crippled Chicken Tavern back in 1971 (Abilene, Kansas) When this huge 6'7" stranger came in and loudly announced that was the toughest SOB in this county. Another massive guy, probably just as big who was a regular patron (I think his name was Tiny) stood up and said he didn't think so. Turns out they both hit each other up the side of the head with a beer mug and both were knocked out like a light.

I thought it best to exit the place before they recovered or the sheriff arrived. :wacko:

1 hour ago, Highwall said:

I was at the Crippled Chicken Tavern back in 1971 (Abilene, Kansas) When this huge 6'7" stranger came in and loudly announced that was the toughest SOB in this county. Another massive guy, probably just as big who was a regular patron (I think his name was Tiny) stood up and said he didn't think so. Turns out they both hit each other up the side of the head with a beer mug and both were knocked out like a light.

I thought it best to exit the place before they recovered or the sheriff arrived. :wacko:

Well, I walked into a bar and said I'm making a list of all the men I can whip.  And I'm going to want each of you's names to write into my book. 

Then one fella, went and ruined it all.  He said, "Well, I don't think you can whip me."

I looked him straight in the eye and told him, "That does it.  I'm not writing your name on my list!"

8 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

"Trinity is still my name" .... at the bar right after the card sharp is cleaned out ......

... includes gunplay and b!tchslappin'  :D

On 4/13/2021 at 1:41 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Favorite bar scene...

Well, I like the scene in Tombstone with the gun play / cup play. I also like this scene from Silverado. 

This is a good one:

A’int no law against wackin’ a surly bartender.......

A lot faster then you will ever live too be .

21 hours ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

SHANE !

I gotta agree. Part of what makes it so good is that the “bar room” itself is so rude and crude it actually looks like someplace you might have seen in the Old West. 

Seamus

Archived