SASS Wire Forum

Another young man shot by police!

Trailrider #896

38 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

'Let the investigation be completed before commenting'. The only problem is, the cops investigate themselves!

Given the ratio of honest cops to those who might be questionable, I figure that they will come up with the truth.

Having been on both sides of the confronting police situation, I don’t see a problem with with any such investigation.

the first two mistaken tazer shootings were oakland and fresno- i realize this is a training issue & this might be a hardware solution but is there a reason the tazer has to resemble a firearm?  

what if they resembled a flashlight or garage door opener?  

can they still operate the same?

(i have zero engineering nor manufacturing education)

46 minutes ago, WOLFY said:

the first two mistaken tazer shootings were oakland and fresno- i realize this is a training issue & this might be a hardware solution but is there a reason the tazer has to resemble a firearm?  

what if they resembled a flashlight or garage door opener?  

can they still operate the same?

(i have zero engineering nor manufacturing education)

Bright yellow and worn off-side in a cross-draw holster. I'm not sure that matches her's and she wore it that way, but from the video link earlier in the thread, I saw that was what and how her partner carried.

She yelled taser taser taser and clearly had her firearm in-hand. I'm sure she was also following her training to not take her eyes off the threat. And he was a threat!

He bolted from being cuffed under arrest, dove back in the car, and did drive off after being shot.

Yes, she made a tragic mistake! One that would not have been possible if the threat had not bolted, had the threat accepted his arrest. He would still be alive, he would be in jail, and there would be no riots over it. Unfortunately, he can not be charged now for the riots.

1 hour ago, WOLFY said:

To clarify, it was NOT Fresno ~ rather, Madera, a small city in another county about twenty miles or so to the north of Fresno.  This happened in October of 2002.  

The last I heard - a couple of years ago - the officer was still serving.  

update - 

our current state of law enforcement is in real turmoil and this most recent event will make it worse , its never as simple as it appears either - the first arresting officer was a black man - he lost control of the perp and this female officer [white] stepped in and made a mistake , ill not try to justify in any way , but we werent there , the adrenalin was off the charts , it will play out in court , that poor woman will live with her actions the rest of her life , it smacks of the previous event a few years back when an innocent austrailian woman was shot in the cities , not at all good in either case , 

this morning there was a convoy of national guard headed down to the cities , im sure they will be trying to keep the peace tonight , God protect them and may we have a quiet one please ,

6 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

To clarify, it was NOT Fresno ~ rather, Madera, a small city in another county about twenty miles or so to the north of Fresno.  This happened in October of 2002.  

The last I heard - a couple of years ago - the officer was still serving.  

Dag-nab-it, Hardpan!  Yessir, Madera PD.  

2 minutes ago, WOLFY said:

Dag-nab-it, Hardpan!  Yessir, Madera PD.  

Sad, but true.  I was a couple of blocks away when it happened, and knew some people peripherally "involved."  

The officer continued her career, although with another department for at least a period of time. 

It was ugly, but the recent incident is going to be a lot uglier.

20 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Michigan democrat Rashida Talib is calling for the complete END of policing period! These people have no idea what they're talking about and are preying on the hearts of people in these situations! Complete lunacy! She wants attention and will get it!:angry:

There are times I pray we could actually accede to their demands. Make sure they and their sycophants are stripped of any and all policing efforts and publicly announced as being police free.

Like many here, my disgust at the animals that use these tragic incidents as an excuse to loot, burn, and destroy is extreme. Our politicians are trying to reverse the roles and make criminals the victims. In this case it appears that the person was a victim of an egregious mistake, but he was not the saint the media and various "groups" want us to believe as part of their "agenda". You don't have warrants against you if you are a blameless saint. You don't deserve praise, adoration, and hosannas for resisting arrest and attempting to flee from the police. Did he deserve death? No. But he is NOT an innocent victim. IMHO.

I just heard the officer and the Chief resigned after a vote by their city council to fire them.

Talk about a rush to judgement!!

If the Madera PD Officer is still on the job, this one shouldn’t even be charged.  But I get it.  BLM has their agenda to serve.

Archived