SASS Wire Forum

How far we’ve slipped

Buckshot Bob

Well, didn’t Clint Eastwood and George Kennedy rob a bank vault with one of these in Thunderbolt and Lightfoot”?

Scared the hell out of the limp-wristed, I’m sure. ;)

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, didn’t Clint Eastwood and George Kennedy rob a bank vault with one of these in Thunderbolt and Lightfoot”?

Scared the hell out of the limp-wristed, I’m sure. ;)

Yup. And because of West Side Story they made switchblades illegal. We might as well move congress to Hollywood as they apparently listen to them more than us.

57 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yup. And because of West Side Story they made switchblades illegal. We might as well move congress to Hollywood as they apparently listen to them more than us.

These are the same morons who restricted so-called "silencers" because they honestly believe you can put one on the end of an AR-15 and people won't be able to hear it in the next room.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Theys a bunch of bad actors for sure, for sure. They would fit right in with Hollyweird. 

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Well, of course they do.  After all, the Hollywood types are the Illuminati, don'tcha know.  (Bunch of dim bulbs, if ya ask me).  <_<

Sheesh... back in '02, even Mr Elmo Monster (aka Elmo the Muppet) testified before Education and Appropriations Subcommittee.   Elmo.jpg.ebb6a29ddcb7176b5c8bd64e0b8a48aa.jpg

35 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

These are the same morons who restricted so-called "silencers" because they honestly believe you can put one on the end of an AR-15 and people won't be able to hear it in the next room.

Silencers have been restricted since 1935 - decades before Mr Stoner even thought about the AR.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Silencers have been restricted since 1935 - decades before Mr Stoner even thought about the AR.

I was talking in todayspeak. Back in 1935 a different set of morons was worried about someone's 1911 or BAR being a little too quiet.

8 hours ago, watab kid said:

yes - i think the amendmet gives us the right , but i bet youll never see such a price even if we were to roll all the laws back to the 1800s 

Maybe not that cheap but if we were allowed to import any surplus from anywhere you would see allot of cheap guns . 

This just brought up a question in my mind . Weren’t the Chinese imports banned by someone a few years ago? 
How is Cimarron getting the Chinese Win 87 clones he’s advertising in the country? Are CCP guns allowed again? 

If memory serves, Clinton banned Norinco. They are, I believe, not a manufacturer but are simply an exporter. Another company under a different name took over the exporting of Chinese guns to America.

He also banned guns with "no sporting purpose", which is why the Chinese AKs and SKSs no longer show up. Also the excellent Norinco 1911s and M14s.

3 minutes ago, Alpo said:

If memory serves, Clinton banned Norinco. They are, I believe, not a manufacturer but are simply an exporter. Another company under a different name took over the exporting of Chinese guns to America.

He also banned guns with "no sporting purpose", which is why the Chinese AKs and SKSs no longer show up. Also the excellent Norinco 1911s and M14s.

Maybe the sporting purpose clause is how he’s getting the 87’s in . But if that’s true why did they ever stop importing them or the 97’s ? Government just wants to take care of us . But their version of take care of us is what worries me 

They never stopped importing 87s. Until Coyote Cap went over there in 04 and started kicking Chinese butt there were no 87s.

They stopped the 97s because they were Norinco, and we could no longer import Norinco. So now we're importing IAC. Same gun, different exporter.

On 4/13/2021 at 9:27 AM, Buckshot Bob said:

Maybe the sporting purpose clause is how he’s getting the 87’s in . But if that’s true why did they ever stop importing them or the 97’s ? Government just wants to take care of us . But their version of take care of us is what worries me 

always been my problem with government - i take care of myself just fine , as to those that seem to want to be taken care of ...did you grow up in america ? thats not how we do things .........yet seems we are , so handouts are the norm ,

sorry if ive strayed into forbidden territory - seems to me 'protecting us' from norinco has resulted in IAC , wonder when they will see the need to 'protect us' from that ? im OK with no protection here - how about the southern boarder ? 

5 hours ago, watab kid said:

always been my problem with government - i take care of myself just fine , as to those that seem to want to be taken care of ...did you grow up in america ? thats not how we do things .........yet seems we are , so handouts are the norm ,

sorry if ive strayed into forbidden territory - seems to me 'protecting us' from norinco has resulted in IAC , wonder when they will see the need to 'protect us' from that ? im OK with no protection here - how about the southern boarder ? 

How I think they want to “take care of gun owners” involves train cars and internment camps 

1 hour ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I like that the gun shop selling them was in Californee.  My how things have changed.

When I moved from Mi to Ca in 86 they actually had better gun laws than Mi . In Mi we have always had pistol registration and at the time had almost no concealed carry. In Ca at the time there was no AWB or waiting period or registration. After living there a couple years I also got a CC permit . At the time it was up to the sheriff of the county you lived in . Don’t know how they determine it now 

On 4/12/2021 at 1:18 PM, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Theys a bunch of bad actors for sure, for sure. They would fit right in with Hollyweird. 

Yep. Up on The Hill they all think they are actors. They play a dual role of being both "above and below" the laws they've been hired to establish. Not an easy thing to pull off.

Archived