SASS Wire Forum

Tattoos?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

I've always wanted to get another one directly on my backside that looks like a rubber stamp and says, "Property US Government."

:)

A guy I used to work with had “Made in the USA” there . 
I don’t have one , just never had the desire. But I appreciate the creative ones 

Ozzy Osbourne said that in the 60s and 70s getting all his tatoos was a bit more shocking then today. You were living on the edge of society. Now it means you might be a celebrity chef. If he was a young rock star today, why bother?

When working in a max prison it was amazing what some of the biker tattoo artists could do with cobbled together stuff. They turned out incredible tats. I asked one one day why he didn't just do them for a living on the outside as he could be really well paid. He was like, "I just keep getting called to run jobs, so I have to go."

When I was a kid my Dad told me that if I ever hit a tattoo he would break a wooden ball bat on me. He told me this after I commented how cool I thought they were. Hell, I was only 8 at the time.
The next door neighbor girl in college was dating a guy that was a member of “The Branded Ones” motorcycle “club”. I would always check out his bike. He gave me a couple of rides on it, unbeknownst to my parents. ;)

Flat black Harley Davidson...man what a cool bike. 
Anyway, my Dad told me the same thing when I was in High School. He also told me if I ever joined the Marine Corp he would break an aluminum ball bat on me. He stepped it up a notch. He hated the Marine Corp. He was a Marine but hit a BCD for his dumbassery while he was in the Corp. 

When I joined the Navy I darn near joined the Marines, but at the time they had no job training I was interested in AND I remembered that my Dad couldn’t get into the Navy. They didn’t want him. So I joined the Navy.  
If you haven’t guessed, my old man and I didn’t get along. I left home at 17. Joined the Navy a few months after I turned 18. 
So, when I was 19 I got married. I was sent to Minneapolis MN for Mk 26 Guided Missile Launch System training so my wife and I lived in Fridley MN. While there I got my pelican tattoo. 
A month after my family came to visit. 
My Dad saw my tattoo and said “Do you remember what I told you what I would do if you ever got a tattoo?”

I said “Yes, I have a ball bat I can loan you, but your not going to like what happens if you try.”

And that was the last we spoke on that issue. 

I never saw a work of art that I thought I would want to keep forever!!

I think the last time tattoos were brought up on the wire I passed this story on so I'll do it again.  It is always a good giggle.

An older lady decided to get a tattoo of Elvis Presley.  She loved Elvis but she wanted it put in a place that was very discrete and only a certain few would know of.  So she picked a spot, high up on her inner thigh.  She went to the tattoo parlor, told the artist what she wanted, picked out the art she wanted and the tattoo commenced.  Once the artist was done, he proclaimed that he was finished and satisfied with his work.  The lady looked at the art in a hand mirror and was mortified at what she saw.  That doesn't look like Elvis, she exclaimed.  I don't know who that looks like.  The artist told her that it does indeed look like Elvis but the skin is a bit swollen from the process.  In a week it will have returned to normal and everything will be fine.  So she agrees and leaves.

All week long she continues to look at her new art thinking that this is not right.  At the end of the weeks time, she returns to the tattoo parlor and demands her money back.  She is adamant that the artist is incompetent and that her tattoo looks nothing like Elvis.  The artist asks her to get in the chair so he can check things out.  He looks for a moment, leans his head back and forth and then tells her, I don't agree with you but I tell you what.  I do another tattoo on the other leg for nothing.  She agrees and he proceeds.  Again, when finished, she says that this one too looks nothing like Elvis.  The artists again tells her that things will be just fine in a week.  So she leaves.

A week later, she is back and really mad.  You have given me two tattoos and neither of them look a thing like Elvis.  The artist tells her, alright, let me go out on the street, find the first person that comes along and if that person doesn't agree that those tattoos look like Elvis, I will give you your money back.  She agrees.  The artist goes out on the street and looks around and the only person he can find is a drunk staggering down the street using the building to keep him upright.  The artist brings the drink in the shop and sits him down in front of the lady with the instructions for him to look at the tattoos and tell them who the tattoos look like.  The drunk blinks and squints his eyes trying to focus.  He looks left, then he looks right, shakes his head a bit, sits back and takes a breath,  He looks at the faces of both the lady and the artist and gives them this assessment.  I don't know who the guy on the right is and I don't know who the guy on the left is but the guy in the middle looks like Willie Nelson.

Never considered it. Even in my youth while roaring drunk.

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Whats with the bumps of horns in his head? What a freak!:blink:

I'd consider them to be fight stoppers.  I'd grab a handful of metal and I'll guarantee you'd he'd stop fighting.....and odds are that he would bleed to death once  I started ripping his stuff off.

3 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

It was fresh and unhealed when this picture was taken.  

Tattoo002.jpg

If I wore a company logo I'd better be getting money from them for advertising their product.  Same for logos on anything else unless it's part of something I like, f'rinstance a Ferrari or Aston Martin.  Not Nike, Ariat, or most anything else.

9C2AE0BC-1AA4-4AD0-B3DD-BF2B89BD9E02.thumb.jpeg.49d61c12c83452b681fb5902dde2a8f1.jpeg
This is the only tattoo I’m likely to get. It was done with a #2 pencil under the root of my nail.

High School wasn’t bad. Getting the stub of the pencil lead dug out of my finger with a pocket knife was though.

CJ

2 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I've seen some lovely tattoos covering scars. Here is a link to some. I especially like the one down the woman's back.

I had to laugh when I read this. My wife asked me what was funny so I told her about your post and then started listing off all my scars where a tattoo would be needed to cover them. 
right foot

left ankle

left knee

abdominal area

mid back

lower back

left shoulder

left wrist 

right wrist

forehead 

Holy Cow! It would cost a bundle :lol:

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

If I wore a company logo I'd better be getting money from them for advertising their product.  Same for logos on anything else unless it's part of something I like, f'rinstance a Ferrari or Aston Martin.  Not Nike, Ariat, or most anything else.

Owning Colts has been a part of my life since I was just out of teen years.  I carried them on duty, protected my family with them, competed with them in several venues, including Cowboy Action Shooting, IDPA and 3gun.  I collect them, buy them for investment purpose. and just generally enjoy using and owning them.  

In the same thinking, I've been considering the Harley Davidson bar and shield for some time.  

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

1 minute ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Owning Colts has been a part of my life since I was just out of teen years.  I carried them on duty, protected my family with them, competed with them in several venues, including Cowboy Action Shooting, IDPA and 3gun.  I collect them, buy them for investment purpose. and just generally enjoy using and owning them.  

In the same thinking, I've been considering the Harley Davidson bar and shield for some time.  

I considered getting a tattoo with the Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Colt’s, Winchester and Marlin logos intermingled but decided against it after S&W ticked me off. I have forgiven them but no logo tattoo for me now. 

I wonder what kind of occupation he's in?   I guess it's a he??  :huh:  Edit: Come to think of it, too clean shaven to be a guy.

I think there's a nice smile under there somewhere. ^_^

fhZn56.jpg

3 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I've seen some lovely tattoos covering scars. Here is a link to some. I especially like the one down the woman's back.

https://www.demilked.com/scars-tattoos-cover-up/

scars-tattoos-cover-up-5.jpg

She’s had scoliosis surgery. Probably some instrumentation. 

It would do well for all to remember that scars are tattoos with better stories!!

55 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I wonder what kind of occupation he's in?   I guess it's a he??  :huh:  Edit: Come to think of it, too clean shaven to be a guy.

I think there's a nice smile under there somewhere. ^_^

fhZn56.jpg

Reminds me of those taxis in the Philippines called Jitneys or Jeepneys. image.jpeg.0a34c46fa0c1ab81c77677461f9eb4b9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.76271db2949bafdb007e0a266e30674b.jpegimage.jpeg.32e22b5f6dc930aaafd66a16d75a6496.jpeg

20 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Tattoos.

For years, my goofy wife and her crazy friend joke about opening a topless tattoo parlor.  They say they are going to call it, "TATTOOTERS."

Now neither of these women have a tattoo, or ever intend to get a tattoo.  Neither will I.

But, I just don't understand why folks get tattoos?

Each to their own ...but for me the reason I don’t have any is “ never been that drunk”. 

Don't have any, never could think of anything I wanted for 50 or so years.

I've a few.  Working with a tattoo artist now on one with a '51 Navy... or possibly a pair of them.  Still working out layout and size to fit proper on my upper arm.  

Due to stuffed shirts in positions above me, I still prefer to have my tattoos in areas that are easily covered with comfortable clothes (short sleeves).

On 4/12/2021 at 10:13 PM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

How many hours and sittings, did it take.

Outstanding BTW!

OLG 

4 days straight, about 8 odd hours a day. All dot work with a small area hand poked. It was an interesting 4 days LOL

I have seen some beautiful women with tattoos that looked very good on them. I prefer lightly done stuff, no heavy sleeves and such on a woman. 

I have told my wife the only tatoo she would be permitted would be the words “Property of jon”.  or she can shave her pubic hair, then get some little rabbits tattooed there. Then when the hair grows back it would be fun to find the little bunnies in the brush.  So far, she has refused. 

I have one, surprisingly I was 16 years sober at the time. But I have been drunk enough to have a life sized USS Missouri done on my forehead. That did not happen.

Imis

2 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

I have one, surprisingly I was 16 years sober at the time. But I have been drunk enough to have a life sized USS Missouri done on my forehead. That did not happen.

Imis

72A56F65-C1E0-47EF-8CBD-7BD1D291B1A6.thumb.jpeg.425665634d9f1b4eecc00c08c02fbad0.jpeg

:lol:

4 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Imis

I learned one thing from my Dad’s friends and some of the guys I went to boot camp with and at Basic Electronics/ Electricity School by their examples. 
NEVER GET A TATTOO WHEN DRINKING!

Oh my gawd, were some of these tattoos terrible, stupid or both. 
One guy that stands out after boot camp was the guy that spent hundreds on a tattoo of a skull with a snake and knives, brass knuckles and a revolver that had the banner “Love thy neighbor” beneath it. A week later he found religion and regretted it. 
On my ship there were a few:
A guy got “Itallian Stallion” with a horse head on his upper arm. He was drunk. Misspelled “Italian”.

Another guy got a tattoo of an Italian girl’s name he met in Naples across his chest. His wife didn’t see the humor in it. She left him. 
A bunch of guys got tattoos in a Greek studio that was giving tattoos at a huge discount. Probably 6 artistes working at a huge oval table. Sailors lined up out the door. There was a huge glass container in the center of the table. A guy would finish a color and drop the needle head in the container that appeared to be full of alcohol. Only it was WATER!

I know because I asked. And then I immediately left after telling everyone in the room. Everyone stayed because “What’s the big deal?”

At least 12 guys got really bad infections. They all got Captain’s Mast and 90 days restriction with EMI. Each one lost rank as well.  All of their tattoos looked awful after their infections cleared up. 

40 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

PR Sounds like you just escaped that nightmare.

Imis

Nope, I saw the line and took a stroll in to see if I was interested. I really wasn’t but when he said the needles were in water I couldn’t get out fast enough. A couple of guys followed me out. After the fiasco they bought me drinks at our next Liberty port. 

Archived